Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,184   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look, I don't care, ok...as long as I am first.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    in my experience Portra 800 seems to have better underexposure latitude than 800z.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Existing Light View Post
    since when did the number of ducks drop so low that we have to share?
    We don't have to share, it's just that in these days of bird flu at least I know where 2F/2/Fs duck has been.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    They are only continuing it in 135 - 120 has gone. Official from Fujifilm UK, because we tried to order some!
    Matt,

Could it be that that is "only" the case for the UK? Fujifilm.com still has 120 and even 220 listed, and I just received a five-pack of 120 from an order placed in Germany. Fujifilm USA still lists 35 mm, 120 and 220, and even Fuji in my country still lists these 3 confections.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Matt,

Could it be that that is "only" the case for the UK? Fujifilm.com still has 120 and even 220 listed, and I just received a five-pack of 120 from an order placed in Germany. Fujifilm USA still lists 35 mm, 120 and 220, and even Fuji in my country still lists these 3 confections.
    I'm not sure - but this is an excerpt from an email from the head of pro film at fujifilm UK (Yes they do have someone specifically in this role!)

Hi Matthew

Got your order. However there are some issues you should know about before it is processed...

Pro800Z 120 is discontinued.

Whether this means it is around in other parts of the world, I dont know, but I would think not.

They also tell me they have ceased production of 220 "Japan will not make any amount"

I will double check these issues though.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing that, Matt. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Let us know if you receive more information (if you are at liberty to share).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    When 800Z was threatened with extinction last year I emailed Fuji UK to ask if this was global or not. The reply was that this was global, but of course Fuji later changed their minds. Any how, the email I got also said that Fuji UK would not risk ordering anymore of this film as they were worried it wouldn't sell:

My last order date for stock from Japan is mid Sept 2009 and
    this stock would normally be due to arrive in the UK in Jan 2010. However,
    I have no intention of ordering any more and taking the risk of it not
    being purchased by UK wholesalers/dealers. We still have some stock left in
    the UK and we will just run this out
    Now, I wonder if they decided to risk ordering the 135 films but thought 120 was still too much of a risk.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wish it was tungsten balance, or at least had a lower colour temp than other daylight films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    When 800Z was threatened with extinction last year I emailed Fuji UK to ask if this was global or not. The reply was that this was global, but of course Fuji later changed their minds. Any how, the email I got also said that Fuji UK would not risk ordering anymore of this film as they were worried it wouldn't sell:

Now, I wonder if they decided to risk ordering the 135 films but thought 120 was still too much of a risk.
    I'm going to phone and find out for certain.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The situation with these Fuji films seems even more confusing than with Kodak. Last Autumn the British Journal of Photography published news that Fuji 800Z would continue to be manufactured.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin