Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,821   Online: 1002

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is good news. I love Fuji 800. I used it to shoot the Eagles-Redskins game at Cooke Stadium in December 2008. On a side note, I may have been the first photographer to shoot an NFL game on film in years. The results were great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    800Z is still available from BH Photo

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...439+4294950370
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thingy, have you looked into buying any 800Z from B&H? When I checked, the postage charges were high (£27 for ten rolls) and then there's also a 'duties & VAT charge of £32, meaning the total price for 10 rolls of 120 is £87. Too high for my blood, but it might be possible to combine shipping/tax with a few others in the UK and do a bulk order.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    I'm going to phone and find out for certain.

Matt

Matt What was the result of your phone call?. On the subject of discontinuation or otherwise of this film it seems that it ressembles the saying about economists: If you lay every economist together you still wouldn't reach a conclusion

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    This week I bought 10 rolls of 35mm 800Z from 7DS and they came without boxes. I emailed them to ask when the expiry dates were but, as usual, they didn't reply. So I wrote to Fuji UK and I also tacked onto the end of the query a question about 800Z's future. Is it actually discontinued, I asked. This is the reply:

Pro800Z is now discontinued, there will be no further manufacture, we still
    have some stock left in the UK, but when this is gone it will not be
    replaced.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    This week I bought 10 rolls of 35mm 800Z from 7DS and they came without boxes. I emailed them to ask when the expiry dates were but, as usual, they didn't reply. So I wrote to Fuji UK and I also tacked onto the end of the query a question about 800Z's future. Is it actually discontinued, I asked. This is the reply:
    Steve, thanks for that. I wonder whether "discontinued" means that Fuji UK has discontinued stocking it in the U.K. as opposed to Fuji has stopped making it?

You'd think that if it was simply that Fuji UK does not import it any longer it would be good enough to say this in a straightforward way that allowed no possibility of misinterpretation. The fact that it hasn't does suggest production worldwide has stopped/will stop BUT

I wouldn't even be bothered to question its statement had there not been others( non UK based) who seem to suggest that it is still made.

Yes I appreciate that it can still be bought here in the U.K. and elsewhere but a definitive statement to the effect that its production has stopped/ will stop totally on X date would settle the matter.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Yes I appreciate that it can still be bought here in the U.K. and elsewhere but a definitive statement to the effect that its production has stopped/ will stop totally on X date would settle the matter.
    Scroll down to the middle of this page, to the entry for Pro 800:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/film/col...nal/index.html

The red warning text "本製品は、生産終了いたしました" means "production of this product has ended".

Shooter
    35mm
    I think what we're seeing worldwide is remaining stock. I took this: "there will be no further manufacture" to mean production has ended.

Here is the above link through Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/translat...x.html&act=url
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Combined shipping could still be a pretty penny due to VAT, but if we could get enough interest I'd buy some.
    50 rolls = $335.09 = £212
    100 rolls = $595.52 = £376.77
    200 rolls = $1112 = £703.57

Shooter
    35mm
    If there's enough interest, I'd pitch in for ten rolls (possibly, 20).
    Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin