Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,510   Online: 1028

Thread: Kodak E-6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak E-6

In regard of the latest bad news Kodak anouncements and also my fear for the ones still to come ( hopefully not of course! ):

are you going to spend cash on Kodak E-6 film next spring/summer/fall?

And if you'll do so how much aprox. and on which of their E-6 film then?

I'm just very curious about it. I will spend some 50 euro's on there Elitechrome 100 Extracolor the next days.

Thank's.

rhmimac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I, for one, plan on shooting a lot of E200. But as much as I've loved shooting Kodak over the years, it's becoming difficult to deal with only a handful of different slide films, as well as the heftier price tag of E200 over a film like EC 200 or Sensia 200. I don't particularly care for E100VS or E100G over films like Fuji Velvia or Provia/Astia. However, I luckily have a huge stash of EPP and EPY.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I plan on continuing to shoot E-6 4x5 professionally as long as I can get it. Either Kodak or Fuji.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

Few replies count for a very low E6 sales forcast. ;-)
    Or is this thread started in the wrong section?
    rhmimac

Shooter
    35mm
    I use slides all the time. Excellent for enlarging onto dupe film to make one step enlarged negatives for gumbichromate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just installed an E-6 Tecnolab dip and dunk film processor into my lab so I am hoping to shoot and process A Lot this year!

~Steve
    The Lighthouse Lab
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course

MInd you there's still the 12 rolls of KR64 to burn through and 4 rolls of EBX but that'll all soon go when the weather perks up.

I've shot a lot of colour neg lately but I've been desiring prints which I could do in the darkroom more than slides this autumn/winter.

Generally speaking I will use Kodak E6 over Fuji with the exception of Provia 400X and the occassional use of Velvia 50.

Vicky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will continue to shot kodak E6 film, a lot of E100G, & E100 VS, some Elite chrome , my last 12 rolls of Kodakchrome 64 & 4 K25... I also use Fuji chromes ( Astia and Provia)
    I think with a total of 80 to 100 35 mm rolls & 75 120 rolls per year.
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will shoot E6 film, C41 film as well as B/W Kodak TMX and TMY, in 135 and 120 format. The total will be 30-50 rolls of 135 and 120 each.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Posted wirelessly..

If we all post this kind of information of what we're planning to burn in the coming year and the product managers are able to receive this precious info( I'm presuming a well educated film sales resp will take a look here now and then :-). ) , we must be able to keep them awake and have it clear we're not happy having more E6 and C41/B&W film removed from the shelfs!

I'm planning to get my average rolls/yr up (goal 50-100?)and will postpone or put other hobby purchasings on hold for it.

Am I foolish or naive thinking it will make any difference?

rhmimac
    Last edited by rhmimac; 02-21-2010 at 10:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin