Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,107   Online: 887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Stephen,

Everything we manufacture, at all stages, is subject to rigid quality control, if it is ever out of the specified manufacturing tolerances it is destroyed and sent for silver recovery. It will be exactly the same at KODAK and FUJI.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited :
    If something was produced that was out of the tolerances but was able to produce an image, rather than destroy it do you think any company would be willing to sell the material if there was a client offering to pay for the entire product produced?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sincerely doubt the "fire sale in Australia" story, as being a case of Kodak not knowing what happened at a warehouse and the paper got out without their knowledge. They keep tight reins on all product quality issues. As Simon says, all of the companies scrap out of tolerance materials. Even the support is reclaimed to some extent.

The Velvia story is either a fabrication or has been distorted. Sakura would never sell Fuji products. They were bitter rivals in Japan and were owned by rival competitive companies.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    If something was produced that was out of the tolerances but was able to produce an image, rather than destroy it do you think any company would be willing to sell the material if there was a client offering to pay for the entire product produced?
    Steve;

The material would be destroyed in the plant before any customer knew there was defective product.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See my Polaroid/Polapremium hint...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I sincerely doubt the "fire sale in Australia" story, as being a case of Kodak not knowing what happened at a warehouse and the paper got out without their knowledge. They keep tight reins on all product quality issues. As Simon says, all of the companies scrap out of tolerance materials. Even the support is reclaimed to some extent.

The Velvia story is either a fabrication or has been distorted. Sakura would never sell Fuji products. They were bitter rivals in Japan and were owned by rival competitive companies.

PE
    P.E yes i should have been a tad clearer with that story, in australia all kodaks photographic materials are not kept in the hands of kodak they are in a dispach warehouse which is ownded by a diffrent company, clients call kodak and order the items kodak then passes it on the the place the items are kept and shipped and they never actually see it. so yes your quite right responsibility was to a large degree with the distribution company.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    I didn't even know there was a company called Sakura ?
    By Sakura I meant that brief period in early spring when all the cherry blossom trees are flowering. Apparently that's the time of the year when fortia is released, specifically for those events.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember a batch of Kodak Gold 100 film missing the yellow layer (late 80s early 90s) - had the rep come out and strip us of well over 500 rolls of the stuff. Only realised when labs complained that they had to filter the film so much.

Ooooops. . . . . . . :O

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daire Quinlan View Post
    I didn't even know there was a company called Sakura ?
    "Sakura" (yes, cherryblossom) was the brand-name prefix for films from Konishiroku Photo Industry Co. Ltd.
    Later they became Konica, now they are Konica-Minolta.

Sometimes they used "Sakura" in a way that it could be understood as company name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin