Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,529   Posts: 1,645,732   Online: 942

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fujicolor Superia 400, 800, 1600
    Fujicolor 400H and 800Z
    Fujichrome Provia 400/400X
    Fujichrome Sensia 400

Kodacolor Portra 400 NC and VC
    Kodacolor Portra 800
    Kodacolor consumer 400 and 800 (not sure what the names are now)

Ferrania 400 and 800 (usually re-badged as one of a million other brands)

Supposedly Rollei has an 800 color neg film as well, but I have not seen it yet.

Elite Chrome or Ektachrome 200 pushed do not count in my book.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    Did you lab change the development for this? My lab technichian said it was too problematic to calculate.
    Erik, yes, I used Peak Imaging in the UK, they offer a push/pull service (they'll push three stops).

I'm sure I did this once when I lived in Göteborg. I think I used RP Foto Lab, but I can't find their webpage anymore (are they still around?).
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info - I'm sure my local minilab will probably push a couple of stops for me so I'll give that a go.

I'm not too worried about colour temperature as stage lighting is all reds and purples anyway...

Slide film I'm not too good with - I get confused with the back to frontness of it all...

The Fuji 1600 pushed a couple of stops sounds very promissing, but I haven't seen any for sale (is it available in the UK? I'll google for it...) if not, I know I can get the Kodak Portra 800.

Anything has got to be better than digital ;-)
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve, if it is one film then it might not matter but if you were to become a regular user of Fuji 1600, then it will pay to do a search for the cheapest source. A quick search revealed that Mathers of Lancashire sell it for £4.89 as opposed to discountfilm £5.10. However it would appear not to be stocked by all as a couple I have looked at don't keep it.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve A follow-up. I did a search on Google and found something called Shopwiki who find the film for you and give you "stores" to go to. It directed me to Amazon( soon Amazon will do marriages and NHS work as well the way it is going!) Anyway it is available via Amazon but sourced via Calumnet at £4.08 per film. I would doubt anyone can beat that. Well certainly Calumnet can't or won't. It wants a few pennies short of £100 for a 20 pack which with my maths is £5 a pack. Eh? you ask, has pentaxuser gone mad?. He is saying that Calumnet sells its film via a middleman called Amazon who must make something out of it and with no delivery charge cheaper than it will sell direct to the customer. Well it would appear that way.

Calumnet has shops doesn't it in several major cities? Some people would like to keep such shops going and pride themselves on giving direct support saying that otherwise it will be all internet orders and once all competition disapears it will be Amazon or nothing.

Not getting much support from Calumnet are they for their principled stand?

Anyone care to give me an explanation of the econs of this?

So use Amazon and fill your boots Steve without having any qualms about putting the good Burghers at Calumnet out of business.

As Joe Brown( he of Joe Brown and the Bruvvers fame, if you are old enough) would say: "Its a crazy world we're living in"

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    He is saying that Calumnet sells its film via a middleman called Amazon who must make something out of it and with no delivery charge cheaper than it will sell direct to the customer. Well it would appear that way.
    This is also the case with several films sold by 7DayShop. Amazon's stock is around 20p cheaper, the supplier 7DS, the same.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that. Amazon it is then.... and I could stretch to a couple of films, maybe ;-)
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm

Portra 800 Price

Portra 800 in 35mm just hit the $9.50 mark per roll at B&H.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin