Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,508   Online: 889

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    We had it better in the UK, I used Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, Ferrania & Orwo colour films and Pavelle paper, and Ansco was available but I never tried it, Konica/Sakura once tried never again. Of all the Fuji E4 film was the best IMHO, although KII was good when the weather was good.

But the reality was that K25 and also C41 and E6 was such a huge sea-change in terms of quality, we have to hope that the market stabilises and we get left with a range of films that caters for our core colour film needs.

Ian
    Ian;

At the time I could get the above color products, I could get just about any B&W product from Agfa, and DuPont and even some from Ilford IIRC. In fact, DuPont Varigam paper was quite popular at that time. In addition, in about 1960, Agfa color products became available here. You see, with color it was the proprietary processes that were the problem. No one wanted to invest in Agfa or Fuji or Konica proprietary processes in the face of C-22.

So, I used a lot of unmasked Agfa that I bought here, and when I was in SEA used a lot of unmasked Konica and Oriental color film. Their processes were very similar to the Agfa process with minor changes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everybody:

I have had face to face meeting with Fujifilm this week and this is the deal.

160s, 160c, 800z and T64 in "ALL SIZES" also Neopan 400 in 120 - GONE...

With the possibility of some more (chrome) (I have no idea what is for sale in Japan now or in the future)

If you want some of this film you better go buy it NOW !!

I commented on this thread days a go but I guess no one believes...

I will have a interview on this very topic very soon.

This is what happens when people don't BUY film !!

I will update everybody on this topic soon.

So NOW go buy some film and SHOOT IT !!

Thanks

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOAH!!!! Portra is THE film....I hope Kodak doesn't jack up the prices......I feel sorry for those of you that were faithful users of all of these films.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for clarifying Scott, the OP was right.

It's not hard to see why Kodak have launched Ektar in all formats with the rapid demise of E6 processing in the last 2 years. Both Fuji & Kodak must have large stocks of E6 films which is why Fuji haven't yet announced specific E6 films being discontinued.

It would be interesting to see the BJP article predicting the demise of E6 within a year, (my copy is waiting my return to the UK).

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy, I can only guess how much bashing of Fuji is going to follow in this thread. Fuji, do they it even have a business model? Why don't they listen to their customers and their petitions. Last man standing? Oh, this isn't Kodak dumping a bunch of film.........tongue in cheek.....

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Scott, the OP was right.

It's not hard to see why Kodak have launched Ektar in all formats with the rapid demise of E6 processing in the last 2 years. Both Fuji & Kodak must have large stocks of E6 films which is why Fuji haven't yet announced specific E6 films being discontinued.

It would be interesting to see the BJP article predicting the demise of E6 within a year, (my copy is waiting my return to the UK).

Ian
    I was expecting E6 to dwindle pretty sharply at some point but Fuji discontinuing 160S/C is a bit of a shock to say the least. I had assumed C41 volume was enough to pick up where E6 would leave off.

As for the BJP article, it doesn't predict the end of E6 in a year, it's what one lab said to them, but they have other labs saying that volume has dropped off but it's still profitable, just, and not an essential part of their business so whilst it's not loosing gobs of money they'll keep on doing it.

Vicky

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike, it'd be nice for a change to hear Fuji's lack of analog "commitment" bemoaned!

But this is bad news for all film lovers regardless of brand loyalty. And Kodak would be remiss not to carefully "adjust" its pricing in response to any sustained uptick in Portra demand.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike, it'd be nice for a change to hear Fuji's lack of analog "commitment" bemoaned!

But this is bad news for all film lovers regardless of brand loyalty. And Kodak would be remiss not to carefully "adjust" its pricing in response to any sustained uptick in Portra demand.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post

I commented on this thread days a go but I guess no one believes...
    Thanks for the comment Scott, in fairness though it was a bit vague and in the face of a thread full of speculation it read as another speculative comment.

Do you know if Reala is safe? If it is, at least we have that for 100 speed 120; Superia/Fujicolor 100 is only available here in 35mm and is too saturated for what I want in any instance.

I can see myself in a few years needing a digital camera for colour Shame they're so cumbersome and all the electronics (working in IT this is) just scream at me "liable to failure and to end up in the scrap heap when dead", as opposed to my mechanical Autocord and Leica M2 which can be fixed up by a skilled pair of hands and technician.

Anyway, this disappearance of 160C and 160S is a big shock. Seems to conflict a little with their repackaging list which seemed to show 160S continuing...

Vicky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    I have had face to face meeting with Fujifilm this week and this is the deal.
    If I read this correctly, Fuji will not have any colour negative emulsions available in sheet sizes. In 120 it will be 400 pro (and maybe Reala). And in B&W medium format their only offering will be Acros. What a butchering.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin