Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,066   Online: 1187

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aren't we all buying film? All of us who are reading this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    Absolutely, but I don't blow it on crud, so my volumes might not be high but I shoot at least 100 rolls of film a year, and a lot of that has been 160S.

There is the faint hope that 160S isn't out in the cold in the UK too but we will have to see.

Vicky

Shooter
    35mm
    But why keep 400H and dump 160S/C? A rumor I've heard is they're about to introduce a new slow flm to compete more effectively with Portra and Ektar. If so, perhaps by dumping the old films they're rationalizing their product line?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where did you here this?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    Do you know if Reala is safe? If it is, at least we have that for 100 speed 120;
    I don't have the link now but this has been discussed here before. Reala in 120 is already discontinued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    Good point.

And I continue to be repeatedly told, as if I am truly stupid or something, that if I continue to buy <fill in this space with your favorite film/format>, then it will continue to be made.

Sure as hell hasn't worked so far...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naugastyle View Post
    I don't have the link now but this has been discussed here before. Reala in 120 is already discontinued.
    Is it really? Because all I can find is threads on unavailability in the US (I'm in the UK) e.g. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...i-reala-2.html being the most recent thread.

Vicky

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been following this thread but really have nothing useful to add, except to further the sentiment that this seems like a really bizarre move by Fuji. Not saying I don't believe the evidence, but why did they reverse the earlier discontinuance of 800Z only to yank it AND the bulk of their pro-neg lineup a few months later? Are there really that many more people buying consumer-neg that they would keep those going if things are so bad on the pro front?

In all honesty, I haven't used Fuji C-41 (except for Reala) since I quit shooting weddings years ago - now my roll-a-month of family shots is all on Portra and Ektar. The bulk of my semi-pro film use is still Fuji E-6 though, a hundred or so rolls a year - and if Velvia, especially 50, should happen to be axed anytime soon, I will probably stop kicking against the pricks and finally buy a Dwhatever.
    Last edited by Stephen Schoof; 03-10-2010 at 02:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it was "wildly popular" they would not be discontinuing it. I'd guess it was behind HP5+ and all the Kodak 400 films in US sales. I acknowledge my guess may be no better than your guess. Looking in the gallery, talking with folks, reading on the forums, I see a lot more traffic concerning the use of Kodak and Ilford 400's than Fuji.

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 03-10-2010 at 03:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    Is it really? Because all I can find is threads on unavailability in the US (I'm in the UK) e.g. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...i-reala-2.html being the most recent thread.

Vicky
    There was an older thread with the link to the Japan announcement as well...will try to find it.

Edit: OK, here it is:
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/colo...?pSch501010106

Those who read Japanese here said that the (*1) next to the 120 Reala means that it will be discontinued when stock is used up. Since some of the biggest US sources (B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Calumet) have depleted their stock, for those of us here it's essentially gone. I bought mine from another store I wasn't familiar with, so it's out there but harder to find. I imagine with the smaller population buying from the UK, the discontinuation is simply not obvious yet.
    Last edited by naugastyle; 03-10-2010 at 03:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin