Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,687   Online: 1109

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So basically, 120 format C-41 films live to fight another day? I consider that great news! As much as I would like to see all film survive for years to come, personally, if it has to be a choice between 35mm and 120, I'm squarely on the 120 side. When looking at the digital landscape today (kind of looks like scorched earth!), it's clear that 35mm has been bested completely. Medium format, on the other hand, is still far more affordable when sticking with film and a good scanning option... and technically speaking, there isn't even a sensor / digital back capable of reproducing the full resolution of film at that size. I am hopeful that that day is a long ways off too, given the manufacturing processes involved with producing those sensors in the first place (yields are ridiculously low for silicon cut to such sizes, which is why the price is always so sky high).

Maybe there is a ceiling to how far digital will eventually supplant film... I for one am hopeful, after discovering the "art" of film photography in the last year, that this is how things shake out in the end.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I work for a fairly large local retailer in the NY Metro area and can confirm all of the original poster's information is accurate. I have no reason to make this up, but we received an e-mail from fujifilm. If I had permission I would post the e-mail myself. Again I have no reason to make this stuff up. :-/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    More news: link.

Sounds like Neopan 120 was cut because of environmental concerns. 160S is getting rebranded as 160NS with no emulsion changes. No mention of 800Z or some of the other products Scott mentioned. Reala in 35mm was mentioned though. Looks like a legitimate story, but who knows.
    There's no link to an official press release. "160S is getting rebranded as 160NS with no emulsion changes" sounds as an awful marketing move to do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why dont they give the emulsion formula to me so that i can make and sell them

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pellicle View Post
    On another forum (hybrid photo) there is a thread suggesting that Fuji has dropped essentially their C-41 films (in particular 4x5)

I can't see anything on their web site, anyone the wiser?
    At the moment we only have listings by Fuji, which are contrary to some of the rumors, including the one above.

We should stop listening to rumors.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is not a rumor. I can confirm this. If you guys do not believe me I will PM screenshots to someone here who I can trust.

Shooter
    35mm
    Whay not buy direct from fuji and give them more profits?
    Its here buy it before its gone
    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/
    Last edited by F80p; 03-11-2010 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...s_three_films/

Does anyone know if this press release is real? If it is, then it is definitely not as bad as we originally thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentworld View Post
    http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...s_three_films/

Does anyone know if this press release is real? If it is, then it is definitely not as bad as we originally thought.
    Don't read too much into what's reported in different countries as what was available differed anyway.

But equally wait & see what is actually availble in a few months, Fuji are the most astute of manufacturers & will want to retain market share.

In the past they've worked with other companies to fill their product range, who knows they may do so again.

Ian.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Interesting news about Fujicolor Pro

Wasn't RVP50 discontinued due to environmental issues as well? The resulting freak out eventually getting it brought back as RVP100?

Meanwhile, silicon wafers, cellphones, and circuit boards are being dumped into rivers in China as world-wide consumers throw away their obsolete electronics.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin