Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,133   Online: 1074

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I specifically stated Japanese Corporations, but that boils down to people in some cases.

I lived in Japan for 18 months and at one time could read and write Japanese rather fluently, but now it is a lost art for me. I have many Japanese friends from Fuji and Konica and respect their energy and diligence. So, no criticism from me to the average person, but someone has to get the stories straight somewhere and get the information out there. Someone "engineered" both "problems" and this is something that now must be handled at some level.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is just the term "the Japanese" that I am talking about.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You were obviously not around when Fuji advertized that their new film was "from the people who brought you Pearl Harbor". This raised quite a furor in the US to say the least! Fuji does goof and on a major level.

In any event, since I don't know the names, I guess "the Japanese" will have to do for the thousands of faceless and nameless (but mainly well intentioned) people who work for Fuji (and Toyota), many of whom are actually American and live in the US.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ron,

That was not directed towards you nor anyone else in particular. My apologies if you or anyone else took it that way. I had a rather poor conversation with people back home, about how "bad" Japan, as well as the Japanese must be........My impressions of the leadership of many of these companies as well as the governmental leaders here is not so good (to be polite), but the average Joe (Hiroshi) on the street is a different.

My apologies.

Gary

After
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You were obviously not around when Fuji advertized that their new film was "from the people who brought you Pearl Harbor". This raised quite a furor in the US to say the least! Fuji does goof and on a major level.

PE
    They actually did this?! That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try "the Japanese people".
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You were obviously not around when Fuji advertized that their new film was "from the people who brought you Pearl Harbor".

PE
    perhaps Kodak should have retaliated by advertising their film as "from the people who brought you the atomic bomb." I guess that's why I'm not in the marketing business
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Spend some time here and you will be either shocked, saddened or laughing beyond belief due some of the use of English. Which is probably where the Pearl Harbor thing comes in.

On a side note, my favorite item is COLON chocolate.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Stephen;

In line with APUGs policies, I will publish no private data sent to me in PMs or E-Mails. Sorry.

But, I can say, no surprises in view of what we have seen here.

I might add that a Fuji rep told me that this confusion was all caused by a sticky floor mat. No, wait, that was sticky brake software --- hmmm, wonder what has caused this. Gee, none of the Japanese seem to have their stories straight lately, right?

PE
    Understood, PE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    Ron,

That was not directed towards you nor anyone else in particular. My apologies if you or anyone else took it that way. I had a rather poor conversation with people back home, about how "bad" Japan, as well as the Japanese must be........My impressions of the leadership of many of these companies as well as the governmental leaders here is not so good (to be polite), but the average Joe (Hiroshi) on the street is a different.

My apologies.

Gary

After
    No offense taken! I was merely stating my experience for the record.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin