Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,924   Online: 992

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    They actually did this?! That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Yes, they did, in the 80s. I used to have a copy of the ad on my office wall at EK.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Try "the Japanese people".
    Heh, who cares by now.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    While we're talking discontinued film, I posted way back in this thread about why I don't think Superia/Natura 1600 will be discontinued in the near future. (i.e. that Fuji is still marketing cameras for use with this film.)

Quick question: was I wrong in assuming that it hasn't been discontinued, and isn't it the only 1600 color film still available? I tried to get some at a local shop today and was told it was discontinued. Since it's still widely available and I haven't heard otherwise, I'm guessing the store just isn't carrying it anymore.

Maybe I need to start pushing Portra 800...

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can tell you one thing about Fuji's communication style: it's very much in line with other Eastern/Asian styles insofar as saving face goes. The whole 800Z ("okay, we'll bring it back guys!") debacle is a perfect example. Ask yourself if they even manufactured a single new spool of 800Z since then.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way...

I would just like to say to all the people who talked trash about my counter people:

My counter people can kick your counter people's asses.

2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FedericoMP View Post
    There's no link to an official press release. "160S is getting rebranded as 160NS with no emulsion changes" sounds as an awful marketing move to do.

This sounds like Fuji is doing this because they don't want to rebrand Japanese film for the U.S.. The Japanese version of 160s is called 160NS.

Shooter
    35mm
    in the grand scheme of things, it appears as though the three film manufacturers have made a deal to at least survive with what their strengths are: Fast forward to 2015 and: Ilford b+w, Kodak C-41 only and Fuji will make E-6 film.

Disclaimer: This thought entered my head on the throne, where all good conspiracy theories are conceived...

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is yet the third rebrand of 160, btw.

NPS 160
    Pro 160S
    160NS

I believe all of them are exactly the same too. I don't think 160, specifically, got the "4th layer" changes, but I could be wrong. They should have just added a P and we could have gone fully backwards.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkenprinz View Post
    in the grand scheme of things, it appears as though the three film manufacturers have made a deal to at least survive with what their strengths are: Fast forward to 2015 and: Ilford b+w, Kodak C-41 only and Fuji will make E-6 film.

Disclaimer: This thought entered my head on the throne, where all good conspiracy theories are conceived...
    I think Kodak will stay in black and white maybe even longer than they are in C-41......
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't mind Kodak, Fuji or Ilford discontinuing products that don't sell. Unfortunately that's unavoidable. But I DO mind them lying about it. What is wrong with telling your clients ahead of time that a product will be discontinued?

I once loved the high quality of Kodak. But several times, they have discontinued products just a few weeks after telling us the contrary. Such an untrustworthy company won't get one cent of my budget anymore. I simply cannot afford recalibrating my methods every year because Kodak disrespects me as a client.

As long as Ilford or Fuji just tell me the truth, they can count on me voting for them with my wallet.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin