Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,358   Posts: 1,682,705   Online: 998

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At this point, Fuji appears to be sitting on both hands. Oh, and at least one thumb is where it should not be! Maybe they are playing switch!

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    To summarise what has happened:

- Nobody really knows for sure because Fuji have issued some contradictory statements

Result = Who knows!?

One the one hand 35mm Reala is supposedly threatened but some of Fuji's own pages only state that 24 exp is being discontinued. Who knows what the truth is, one thing is for sure, Fuji have made a bloody mess announcing these changes and they should be ashamed of themselves for how badly this has been handled. Some clear statements from each global unit of Fuji's stating in plain language what's chopped, what's not, what's renamed and what's repackaged would go a long long way.

I would seem that 160S is being renamed 160NS and 35mm discontinued, 160C I think is dead, 800Z also seems to be dead. Neopan 400 120 is definitely dead in the water. The big problem is Fuji's own information contradicts their press release that Superia Reala 35mm is discontinued.

Vicky
    Vicky. The OP is correct with his information. I have an email from fuji, I sent it to PE because I am not allowed to post it all over the internet. He confirmed it. Sadly its all true. I wish it weren't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got a reply from Fuji japan that said 160S was going to be imported into the US as 160NS. So 160S is gone to be replaced by 160NS, at least according the reply I got. What will actually pan out is anybody's guess. But Fuji USA appears to not to know whats going on, or isn't releasing all the information or Fuji Japan is full of crap. I do believe the original list to be accurate in that everything on there will be discontinued, but not every replacement has been mentioned yet. Too much contradictory information from multiple sources.

Fuji is you are reading this some PUBLIC clarification would be nice.

Fuji really has learned from the Toyota School of Communications.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    Amen... Fuji themselves have not posted anything official on their sites, so it is not time to panic. yet.
    You can wish all you want, and you wont see anything on there site.

What I have stated is correct and if you are REALLY a shooter that uses film and you want some of that Fujifilm thats on the list you better get NOW...

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Nothing there about 800Z. Does that mean 800Z is safe? I need some for an upcoming project.
    800Z is GONE... if you have a project you better find some NOW, because it is NO LONGER !!

Scott
    Last edited by Scott_Sheppard; 03-12-2010 at 09:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    You can wish all you want, and you wont see anything on there site.

What I have stated is correct and if you are REALLY a shooter that uses film and you want some of that Fujifilm thats on the list you better get NOW...

Scott
    Just share the information rather than hinting around please. The way you're going about it is just going to frustrate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    At this point, Fuji appears to be sitting on both hands. Oh, and at least one thumb is where it should not be! Maybe they are playing switch!

PE
    PE, 400PR in 120 was apparently discontinued due to issues with PFOS and the environment. Any thoughts?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Just share the information rather than hinting around please. The way you're going about it is just going to frustrate people.
    I thought he was pretty clear in this post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    B&H have marked 800Z 120 & 220 as Discontinued. Stocks of 160C and S still appear to be available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arrghhhh...Typical Japanese rubbish.

I'm born and raised in Japan (also a citizen), and this is a very typical thing. No one can ever make up there minds, everyone is very slow at making clear decisions, and no one communicates with each other. Fuji's business ethic is very close to that of the Japanese government!

As long as 160NS stays, I'm happy.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use the 800Z and have come to like it. Sad to see it go but I won't stockpile it, I'll probably go back to Superia 800.

But what of Reala? Is this also now discontinued as the BJP suggest? The OP didn't mention this film. That will be a big loss.
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin