Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1077

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Just share the information rather than hinting around please. The way you're going about it is just going to frustrate people.
    I have shared the info, That I mite add in the ONLY one that has it FIRST HAND.

What I have posted it correct and do with it what you want.

All I can say BUY MORE FILM !!

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    I have shared the info,

Scott, thanks for your clarification on all this. Do you have any information on Reala? It wasn't mentioned in your post, but this is worrying me:

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=873759
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    Vicky. The OP is correct with his information. I have an email from fuji, I sent it to PE because I am not allowed to post it all over the internet. He confirmed it. Sadly its all true. I wish it weren't.
    I have little reason to doubt the original poster's list, what bugs me though is that it contradicts with what Fuji's site says. i.e. Fuji's site doesn't mention 160S being outright discontinued..

Then there are press releases on the net saying 35mm 160S is dead but all other formats continue as 160NS, but the OP's post says all formats of 160S...

Then there's Fuji Reala, no mention in the OP's post, Fuji's info says 35mm 24 exposure is going, and 120 only in 5 packs; but these press releases the likes of BJP have say 35mm Reala is outright going...

Can you see how we're confused? The OP's list is simple and easy to follow, even if it is a devastating list, but combine that list with what Fuji have on their own site, along with this press release from a couple of sites including BJP and you have a batch of contradicting discontination notices.

Vicky

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    I have little reason to doubt the original poster's list, what bugs me though is that it contradicts with what Fuji's site says.
    It's Fuji's fault, and we all know that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    It's Fuji's fault, and we all know that.
    Well anyway, I've loaded up with some more 160S and 400H; only as much as I would usually buy, as I have no room to store a stockpile and I can't afford anymore but I will continue to do what I can; but we may in time find that this isn't enough.

Ahh well. Don't get me wrong I love Portra 160NC, but it's just a shade too warm for me for the subjects I am tackling at the moment.

Vicky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji...I know it was you, you broke my heart.

Not sure who all will get that reference.

I understand how these companies are going to 'trim' down to their strongest films, so that they can continue serving us with the ones that are selling well enough. But considering Fuji's seemingly continual support for all things analog, between this site and Scott's program, this strikes me as odd. Kodak has only been issuing one 'retirement' here, and one there, and then they expand Ektar, but Fuji is killing off nearly their entire Color Neg line, they aren't getting rid of 800Z in this size, or 160C in that one, but it's EVERYTHING except for 400H, which means 0 color neg in large format, and they're doing these all at once, and without a clear message to the customers either through press release, or having someone come on here to make a statement, or to go on Scotts podcast(least not yet) to keep us from panicking or getting angry.

Now if it was a rumor about one film, like 800Z a couple months ago, to sort of 'test the waters' to see if people would buy up a lot if they heard it was going away to see what their market looks like, that's one thing, but this many films, it can't be the case. I've only been shooting for about 3 years, film for little over 2. I didn't even start looking at much on the color side except in the past year, and the films I discovered I like the best were the Fuji's for the general color palette. I have been buying Fuji, I'm sorry if I don't have the money to buy huge bulk orders, or that I even shoot enough to merit it yet, but if all I'm going to be left with is 400H, I think I may look elsewhere to get the look I want. Whether that means dealing with the magenta of Kodak, or just trying something else all together I don't know, but 1 ISO rating in a series is limiting. I had built what color I was shooting around 400H and 800Z, with the 160 films for my 4x5, but if I'm only going to have 400H for either 35 or 120, and apparently nothing for my LF...well not being able to maintain any consistency throughout my range is gonna have me back to the drawing board on what films I'm shooting for color.

I'm sure Fuji thinks this will mean their 400H sales will shoot way up with their 160S, 160C, and 800Z customers all needing something else, for me, I'm not sure if that's so much the case. I may be alone here, but I'll still shoot 400H for when I need to know what I'm gonna get, though I still have some 800Z as well, and not sure how much I'll need to buy until I figure out what other films to try. Now that may lead me to the Fuji colors, Kodak, something else, cross processing E6, or even right back to 400H, but I like options, even if they're only 2 or 3, it's better than 1, or for LF, none.

Scott, I'm not crying about films I'm not shooting or not buying, but if what I'm doing is as much as I can afford, I think I have the right to be unhappy when Fuji pulls a move like this without explanation, either of their plans, or how little of everything they were selling, or what. I totally support what you mean, in the sense that if we're not buying certain films, we can't really complain if they get gone, but in general I hear that film sales are up from the downward path they were on, but a move like this doesn't help with confidence, and there are some who will leave film, or won't give it a chance, if they hear mass reductions like this with no explanation behind it, and we'll need those people on the verge to come to film in however big a part to help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hear that film sales are up from the downward path they were on
    Have you read this in something from one of the film manufacturers, wondering what the source is?

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fLOVE View Post
    Fuji...I know it was you, you broke my heart.

Not sure who all will get that reference.

I understand how these companies are going to 'trim' down to their strongest films, so that they can continue serving us with the ones that are selling well enough.
    Indeed, I feel exactly as you do. I had come to settle my colour work on negative simply because for me, for colour E-6 films are as suited to my style as digital is. I'm a landscape oriented photographer, and I have come to love Fuji's range from 160 through to 800.

With 120 I can use my 6x12 back for landscapes which could not be done in slide:

and in 4x5

it was simply the best landscape film there was for outdoor work in the harsher lights of more equatorial lands or just when light was strong.

As Fuji have discontinued my personal favourite printing black and white paper I will now turn to Ilford and Kodak Ektar and for the films I need.

So to the folks in at Fuji I hope you look at the situation Toyota finds themselves in with expansion and growth into electronics to replace the humble accelerator pedal (for god knows what real benefit). I think people have been watching too much Star Trek and thinking its a documentary.
    Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clayne;

I have no idea what the environmental issues may be but I can speculate on two things. Kodak and Fuji were both doing R&D on Selenium and Tellurium dyes and chemical sensitization. Kodak dropped it years ago due to the environmental issues, but Fuji may have gone ahead. I know that the CA II Paper uses Tellurium in it. So, this may be the issue but it is a WAG.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    I have shared the info, That I mite add in the ONLY one that has it FIRST HAND.

What I have posted it correct and do with it what you want.

All I can say BUY MORE FILM !!

Scott
    Kind of brings new understanding to that old saying about shooting the messenger, doesn't it?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin