Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,557   Online: 1030

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 162021222324252627282930313236 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    Then there's Fuji Reala, no mention in the OP's post, Fuji's info says 35mm 24 exposure is going, and 120 only in 5 packs; but these press releases the likes of BJP have say 35mm Reala is outright going...
    I wrote back to Fuji UK, copying the earlier message claiming no discontinuance of Reala and linking to the BJP story. I've asked for clarification, hopefully some sense may come of this by Monday.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder when the petitions are going to start
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the 800Z now gets discontinued, at least Fuji is the fastest film company in the world! Discontinuation, re-introduction and discontinuation in just a few months! Holy cow, now that's quick!

Well, let's see what happens. At least this is quite interesting. What a chaos!

Shooter
    35mm

Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    800Z is GONE... if you have a project you better find some NOW, because it is NO LONGER !!

Scott
    Just ordered what I need. Thanks for clarifying.

BTW, B&H has already marked all the 800Z in 120/220 as discontinued.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    If the 800Z now gets discontinued, at least Fuji is the fastest film company in the world! Discontinuation, re-introduction and discontinuation in just a few months! Holy cow, now that's quick!

Well, let's see what happens. At least this is quite interesting. What a chaos!
    Indeed, it's very chaotic. Still, no official press release or something.

Maybe Fuji decided to "massacre" the "bad sellers" of their range and keep the good ones. Instead of discontinuing emulsion by emulsion, like Kodak.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity
    Then there's Fuji Reala, no mention in the OP's post, Fuji's info says 35mm 24 exposure is going, and 120 only in 5 packs; but these press releases the likes of BJP have say 35mm Reala is outright going...

Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I wrote back to Fuji UK, copying the earlier message claiming no discontinuance of Reala and linking to the BJP story. I've asked for clarification, hopefully some sense may come of this by Monday.
    Just had a reply from Fuji UK, Reala in 35mm is discontinued but remains in 120. Now, that maybe a UK only discontinuance, I don't know, but tragic none the less. I wonder what to replace it with.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Just had a reply from Fuji UK, Reala in 35mm is discontinued but remains in 120. Now, that maybe a UK only discontinuance, I don't know, but tragic none the less. I wonder what to replace it with.
    At least we have 120 for now... I find that pretty surprising, I always had thought Reala was a big seller in 35mm, I know I certainly like the stuff, not shot it recently but I'm still making my way through a 20 roll Pro Pack. I've got some lovely stuff with it too, (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilserenity/3998036200/)

I guess as a replacement the closest would be Portra 160NC, but Reala had that bit more punch, maybe Portra 160VC. I don't think Superia 100 is that close but I might be wrong.

Vicky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if there are a lot of people here that buy films in huge quanity once a year rather than when it's needed but it is not like your getting a disconount (at most places) so if you buy it little by little it will continually keep it moving. I buy film as I need it.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've built a stash of my favorite films in the freezer (minimum of 2 year supply for 120 and 4x5), then buy as I rotate the frozen out. Should give me breathing room if Tri-X 400 in 120 or HP5+ in 4x5 go belly up.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    I guess as a replacement the closest would be Portra 160NC, but Reala had that bit more punch, maybe Portra 160VC. I don't think Superia 100 is that close but I might be wrong.
    My train of thought is similar to yours. I don't think Superia 100 exists anymore, I think it's been replaced with the budget Fujicolor 100. I thought I might try Superia 200 but it'll be grainier. Maybe 160VC and play with the rating?

I've been doing a lot of RA4 printing of Reala and it's wonderful stuff, punchy in the sun but still quite 'natural' to my eye. There's no grain at all on my 8x10 prints. I've ordered 20 rolls. I thought about ordering more but this stockpiling is killing my budget - Endura paper and 800Z are also on their way out. I think Ektar must have killed Reala sales as I always thought this was a big seller for Fuji. It's the most popular film at the Fuji pro shop.

My entire colour film / paper choice has been discontinued in a matter of months...
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin