Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,323   Online: 868

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132333438 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just hinted at a Fuji discontinuation list of the japanese homemarket from last month (aside from their price lists).

That list too shows only 5 total cancellations:

-) Neopan Presto 400 in 120
    -) Pro 160 NC in 120
    -) T64 in 4x5"
    -) T64 in 4x5" QL
    -) T64 in 8x10"

T64 is still listed as 135 and 120,
    Neopan 400 Presto is still listed as 135
    Pro 160NC is still listed as 4x5", 4x5"QL and 8x10"
    Pro 800 is still listed as 120

Again: this is the japanese market, and this does not give information on long term availabilty.

Shooter
    35mm
    I spoke to Dirk at JapanExposures about Reala and he says there's no notice of discontinuation from Fuji Japan, just a reorganisation from 5 packs to 3 packs and no more 24.exp rolls. Read more here:

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0.../#comment-2378

Maybe the 'discontinuation' is actually a stopping of importation into the UK. If so, that wouldn't be too bad if I can find an EU source or even direct from Japan.

In the meantime, 20 rolls came today from Fuji UK, expiry 01/2012. Depending upon this year's 'summer' this lot could last two years!
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I've been thinking of going to the communal darkroom where I work (actually, I work for two institutions, both with darkrooms) and getting all this Edge cut down in one go. I need more space than in my tiny home darkroom. I figured I could mount the roll on a broomstick between two chairs and just feed it into a guillotine. Being colour paper makes it harder as you can't see if everything is in line and square.
    set up some sort of a stopper at however long/wide you want your paper to be? IE if you're using 8"rolls and need 8x10 sheets, put the stopper at the 10"mark then feed the paper in towards it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I think the stopper idea is best. Positioning the roll close enough so that any mis-alignment won't produce rhombus shaped paper, but far enough away so the paper lies flat as it feeds into the cutter.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm

B&H - 800Z

B&H has about 50 rolls of 800Z left. If this is really the end of distribution right now, then there's not much 800Z left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy it now. I am very happy with the Portra so I just bought some.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    My 4 rolls of neopan 120, 4 rolls of 160C 120 are on their way...it's gunna be great breaking out the kiev again.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    B&H has about 50 rolls of 800Z left. If this is really the end of distribution right now, then there's not much 800Z left.
    It always amazes me how quick discontinued films like this run out. If they're such bad sellers then why are they so damn hard to get ahold of? (Partly rhetorical)
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suspect some of it is delaying announcement after it is discontinued lets inventory drop. Must be some fear some users will go ahead and move to another product (even if it is from the same manufacturer) and they'd get stuck with overage product. Wild guess.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    It always amazes me how quick discontinued films like this run out. If they're such bad sellers then why are they so damn hard to get ahold of? (Partly rhetorical)
    There can be sudden increase in sales of discontinued items because people want to have enough of it to finish current projects. Also, "B&H has 50 rolls left" doesn't really say much. Their normal stock level for all we know is 50 or 75 rolls.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin