Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 774

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233343539 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Stock levels

Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    There can be sudden increase in sales of discontinued items because people want to have enough of it to finish current projects. Also, "B&H has 50 rolls left" doesn't really say much. Their normal stock level for all we know is 50 or 75 rolls.
    They actually had over 300 rolls over the weekend, when I purchased. I believe they typically try to stock between 200 and 1000 rolls (going by past experience). It is still possible they would get more in from the distributor, even if the film is discontinued. However, I needed some for an upcoming project, so I didn't want to take a risk...I purchased a few pro-packs.

Shooter
    35mm
    I purchased 20 rolls of 35mm 800Z and 20 rolls of 35mm Reala at Adorama on Sunday, although I didn't think to ask them how many they had left of either one. I kind of wanted to buy more 800Z but the project that I plan to use it for hasn't gotten off the ground yet and including the Reala, that was $200 worth of film...a huge hit for me.

So did you actually ask them if they were not ordering any more, and if they were fully aware of the announcement? Just wondering because when the big announcement about chemistry discontinuations came out, the B&H staff didn't know about it when I asked about it 2 weeks later.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naugastyle View Post
    I purchased 20 rolls of 35mm 800Z and 20 rolls of 35mm Reala at Adorama on Sunday, although I didn't think to ask them how many they had left of either one. I kind of wanted to buy more 800Z but the project that I plan to use it for hasn't gotten off the ground yet and including the Reala, that was $200 worth of film...a huge hit for me.

So did you actually ask them if they were not ordering any more, and if they were fully aware of the announcement? Just wondering because when the big announcement about chemistry discontinuations came out, the B&H staff didn't know about it when I asked about it 2 weeks later.
    I have no idea if they can order more or not. We'll have to see. That's why I bought it over the weekend. I bought $175 worth of film (not just 800Z)...really stretched the budget. But buying that many rolls of Portra 800 would have been a much worse financial strain.
    Last edited by B&Wpositive; 03-17-2010 at 10:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    so what's up with reala?
    fuji uk's press-release is the only one talking about this.
    the japanese and us pressreleases don't even mention reala.

Shooter
    35mm
    At best 35mm Reala is no longer being imported into the UK. At worst, Reala has been killed off and only Fuji UK has had the courtesy of bothering to inform the customers.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just thought I'd stop by APUG, for the first time in a long time I'm ashamed to say, and see if there was any news of discontinuations and I see this on the front page. (I'm getting less and less confident of the future availability of film and paper by the day.)

Anyway, I went to choose-film.org (supposedly run by Fuji) and saw this post from two days ago regarding Pro 160 in the "Questions to Fujifilm UK" forum: http://choose-film.com/?page_id=5&xd...d=517&pstart=0. I haven't read all 29 pages of this thread so maybe I'm repeating what someone else already said.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I was just hinted at a Fuji discontinuation list of the japanese homemarket from last month (aside from their price lists).

That list too shows only 5 total cancellations:

-) Neopan Presto 400 in 120
    -) Pro 160 NC in 120
    -) T64 in 4x5"
    -) T64 in 4x5" QL
    -) T64 in 8x10"

T64 is still listed as 135 and 120,
    Neopan 400 Presto is still listed as 135
    Pro 160NC is still listed as 4x5", 4x5"QL and 8x10"
    Pro 800 is still listed as 120

Again: this is the japanese market, and this does not give information on long term availabilty.

Today Fuji Germany presented a listing stating that it is based on information from Tokyo.
    They name two films that do not show up in my listing of 5 films above:

-) Neopan 1600 in 120 (already not listed, could they mean 135 instead??)
    -) Reala in 135

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Today Fuji Germany presented a listing stating that it is based on information from Tokyo.
    They name two films that do not show up in my listing of 5 films above:

-) Neopan 1600 in 120 (already not listed, could they mean 135 instead??)
    -) Reala in 135
    where can this listing be found?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was a reply on an article in a german photo magazine related to this confusion:

"Fujifilm Imaging Deutschland hat uns bestätigt, dass die Konzernzentrale in Japan aufgrund der rückläufigen Nachfrage eine Anpassung des Filmsortiments angekündigt hat. Man gehe - abhängig von der tatsächlichen Nachfrage - von folgenden Rest-Verfügbarkeiten aus:
    Neopan 400 120 - voraussichtlich 2. Quartal 2010
    Neopan 1600 120 - voraussichtlich 3. Quartal 2010
    Reala KB - voraussichtlich 3. Quartal 2010
    Pro 160 S - voraussichtlich 2. Quartal 2010
    Pro 160 C - voraussichtlich 2. Quartal 2010
    Weiter teilt Fujifilm Imaging mit, dass zum Pro 160 C bzw. S ein Nachfolgeprodukt im 3. Quartal 2010 zur Verfügung stehen soll und weist darauf hin, „dass die Sortimentsplanung einem dynamischen Prozess unterliegt“ (abhängig von Nachfrage, Importbestimmungen, Rohstoffbeschaffung ...), so dass Änderungen im Angebot kurzfristig erfolgen können.
    "

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks, just read it a few minutes ago.

this still does not make sense.
    apparently it is discontinued in UK and Germany but not in the US and Japan.

It seems like Fuji Headquarters are shipping some films only to specific countries.
    Two years ago I asked Fuji Germany why they don't sell 800Z in 135mm in Germany and they answered that there was not enough demand for it in Germany.
    Fuji UK did (and still does) sell it though.
    So there might be some hope still to be able to import Reala from Japan or US in the future.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin