Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,901   Posts: 1,555,808   Online: 797

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aggghhhhh.

I'm pissed if this is true.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope this is a case of lost in translation plus Fuji US choosing not to import certain lines.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    Maybe we should start automatically discounting anything they say about film until independently verified.
    I would take what you are reading here on this tread to the bank... Trust me

Stop your crying and start your BUYING !! - NOW
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Couldn't we stop this until we got more profound information?

The term "news" in the title is misleading seen the source of information.

About three weeks ago I already hinted at some Fuji amateur colour films being reduced in the offer of lenghts/package sizes. That information was from Fuji's japanese site. The same site also shows the cancellation of Neopan 400 Presto as type 120.

Looking at that site today I see that PRO 160 NC is cancelled as type 120.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-07-2010 at 04:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is true there's f**k all we can do about it, ultimately companys are responsible to their shareholders to make a profit not the consumers .
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-07-2010 at 04:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Interesting news about Fujicolor Pro

By the time i die I wonder what will remain of photography other than a bunch of digital trash. I'm past the point of making allowances. I absolutely don't have to support a technology which is killing an art that I'm into.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Starting a thread on a wide-spread internet forum on discontinuation of products without valid information (and camera shops are NOT valid sources of information) is close to libel. A company might lose customers (or at least reputation) based on this (very likely) mis-information.
    And it's plain stupid, too. But thats normal for the web.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgK View Post
    Starting a thread on a wide-spread internet forum on discontinuation of products without valid information (and camera shops are NOT valid sources of information) is close to libel. A company might lose customers (or at least reputation) based on this (very likely) mis-information.
    And it's plain stupid, too. But thats normal for the web.
    In a written, published, magazine - the British Journal of Photography, there's a prediction that E6 processing will almost disappear within a year. That's not actually as speculative as it sounds because in many town's/cities the closure of E6 labs has accelerated in the last 2 years.

In a separate thread I mention Birmingham, the UK's second largest city, there's now just one professional lab left processing E6 in all formats, ten years ago there were close to 20 labs in and around the city offering E6. If that many labs have closed then E6 film sales must have shrunk in comparison.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    In a written, published, magazine - the British Journal of Photography, there's a prediction that E6 processing will almost disappear within a year.
    I wonder whether it is more of an agenda than a prediction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frdrx View Post
    I wonder whether it is more of an agenda than a prediction.
    No, this is one magazine that reports accurately and has no digital only agenda, and the figures on lab closures across the UK and in other countries isn't speculation, it's fact.

Ian

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin