Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,126   Online: 1151
      
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 395
  1. #371
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    It's a shame to see 160s go, but I always use Portra 160nc, that stuff is just excellent.
    160s is only going in 35mm and as you write Kodak Portra 160NC is a very fine portrait film, but unfortunately Kodak don't make anything like Fuji Reala that's sharp , produces saturated colour, and accurate skin tones at the same time, and don't tell me Ektar because although its a wonderful film, is sharp , saturated and fine grained, even Kodak don't recommend it for portraits.
    Ben

  2. #372

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    OH
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,789
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    160s is only going in 35mm and as you write Kodak Portra 160NC is a very fine portrait film, but unfortunately Kodak don't make anything like Fuji Reala that's sharp , produces saturated colour, and accurate skin tones at the same time, and don't tell me Ektar because although its a wonderful film, is sharp , saturated and fine grained, even Kodak don't recommend it for portraits.
    What about 160VC? I find it sharp, saturated, and great skin tones. But I guess it's lacking in one of those departments for you.

    While I do find Ektar gives pretty good skin tones, I tend not to use it for people pictures for other reasons.

  3. #373

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It would seem to me that for 35mm users who are lovers of Reala and Pro 160 S it would be a good time to get some M/F gear.
    I did seriously consider this. What's making me hesitant is the future of RA4 paper - without it I won't shoot colour.

    As for Reala replacements: I thought I'd try 160VC, Superia 200 and maybe Gold 200.
    Steve.

  4. #374
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    What about 160VC? I find it sharp, saturated, and great skin tones. But I guess it's lacking in one of those departments for you.

    While I do find Ektar gives pretty good skin tones, I tend not to use it for people pictures for other reasons.
    I like Kodak 160 VC Tim but I find that even though it is more saturated than 160NC and has more contrast it still has the same pastel colour pallet, I find Reala unique in that it gives punchy colour and gentle skin tones at the same time.
    Ben

  5. #375

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    OH
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,789
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I like Kodak 160 VC Tim but I find that even though it is more saturated than 160NC and has more contrast it still has the same pastel colour pallet, I find Reala unique in that it gives punchy colour and gentle skin tones at the same time.
    Ahh makes sense.

  6. #376

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    204
    I don't shoot a lot of color. But, I just found out about Fuji 160C at my lab today. It was a bit shocking. I just started using the film, and I'll be getting my first rolls back from the lab on Wednesday.

    Why, Photography Gods?! WHY?!

  7. #377
    2F/2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,008
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon D. View Post
    Why, Photography Gods?! WHY?!
    Because you mere mortals stopped paying us tribute!!! You want film, then SHOW US THE MONEY!!!
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  8. #378

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    135
    Do we have a final word on 800Z? There seems to be variable stock in different places.

  9. #379
    RobertV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    800Z for:
    Germany and BeNeLux:

    Discontinued in all formats.

  10. #380

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2,180
    Robert, do you know the news on Reala for Germany & the Benelux?
    Steve.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin