Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 743

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    No, this is one magazine that reports accurately and has no digital only agenda, and the figures on lab closures across the UK and in other countries isn't speculation, it's fact.

Ian
    I'm glad to see that stated by one of their readers. It's good to know that the BJP isn't working against us, but it still sounds overly pessimistic to me. Perhaps the author only forgot to mention that mail order processing will take over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another camera store rumor it appears....I wonder if any rumor that originated from a camera store film counter has turned out to be correct? Sure have read a lot of them that have turned out false here and on LF.
    They only whant them not have in there stock anymore this bastards;--))))

But the next with a rumor like this should get stoned, killed or shoot with films which are not discontinued;--(((
    I really can't here this b...sh.... anymore.

Cheers Armin
    Last edited by JohnArs; 03-07-2010 at 06:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    35mm
    I am taking this all with a huge pinch of salt. The other week my local shop told me that RA/RT 4x5L was discontinued and no replacement.

They were wrong, it's not and it's just their distributor no longer stocks it or they don't want to carry it no more.

I would take anything, no matter how good the stockist is, with a pinch of salt until it comes from the horse's mouth.

The same store also told me Rodinal was discontinued, it isn't -- they're still a good store but they don't know everything.

Agreeably some strange communication from Fuji of late but I would take this all with a boulder of salt.

At some point we will probably only have black and white left, but I still think we're a long way from that; I would think Fuji would have made a bit more noise if they were cancelling all their professional 160 speed films, we had the 800Z thing last year -- 35mm only in the UK it seems now but people say 120 isn't...

Who knows.

Just shoot the damn stuff while you can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm doubt Fuji is dropping out; hoping this more of someone who likes to spread gossip. But worst case, if they do drop out it drives the remaining volume to those still standing. At least they will be stronger.

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 03-07-2010 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No offence 2F/2F...I totoally believe what you say but when I said something like this on another forum and called a liar so you may want to watch out This does come as a suprise. It seems like Fuji has not discontinued a lot of film as recently as Kodak has been doing....It is really as shame that all tungsten films for still photography are gone. We should really find a way to get movie film cut up.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think anyone is calling him that (did you read a post you thought that...or just)...but are saying camera stores tend to be a really unreliable source of information concerning the manufacturers intentions and it might be better to confirm the information before posting it as news.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually Mike, the discontinuation of at least one of the films was in a Fuji Press Release a year ago (March 2009) - T64, the fact that there's still some around now when Fuji thought it would be finished around July of last year shows just how poorly it was selling.

The same source Russ Gunn of Fuji Professional Sales, UK, announced that 800Z was being phased out a couple of months later so 2F/2F's post is accurate and reflects Fuji policy.

If you really want a shock check how few Kodak Pro Labs & the Fuji equivalent still process E6, the numbers is now very small.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 03-07-2010 at 10:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They recanted on the 800Z, I believe. Not an issue for me as I don't use a single Fuji product. If they are shrinking, it only helps the remaining players.

To be honest, guess I get tired of all the gloom and doom threads, many mere speculation, that may be better off in the soapbox (I've got that forum ignored )

Anyway, I didn't think anyone was calling the OP a lair as suggested above, but calling out camera store counter guys as less than reliable source.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hang on... what's going on here? Astia has been discontinued as well?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According the the fujilab.co.uk site, Astia 100F has been discontinued. I don't know whether this is a UK discontinuance or worldwide.

Tom

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin