Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,635   Online: 1136

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will try to get them to let me read a copy of the letter.

I have been going to this place for a long time (since they opened, in fact), and this would be only the second time they have ever been ahead of me on any discontinuance. (I heard about Portra 100T first from them.) However, it would also be the first time that they (or any camera retailer) have ever "spread a rumor" to me, as some people have suggested all camera stores do. Usually, it is me letting them know what is up! (There is a first time for everything, however.) The latter statement is why I wanted to post to get the gang to figure out what is going on. The more sources, the better. That is all I intended. Those who cannot or will not read will take it as me starting a rumor. I knew very well I would be called things and looked down upon by posting it...but, I just do not care, when it comes down to it! I want to find out what is going on, and why Fuji is saying ridiculous things to their retailers if they are not true.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-07-2010 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    I would take what you are reading here on this tread to the bank... Trust me

Stop your crying and start your BUYING !! - NOW
    Scott, Do you know something that we don't know(or suppose to be false, but may actually be true)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marylandphoto View Post
    That would be a VERY bizarre move on the part of Fuji.
    I agree totally. It would be the weirdest film discontinuance I have heard yet. Kind of like Ford discontinuing all trucks and commercial vehicles, and leaving us only with passenger cars.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-07-2010 at 05:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    They recently announced 20 sheet boxes of sheet film, so I doubt everything has been canceled, maybe this is a repackaging like Fuji is doing here in Japan to many of its films. IE no more single rolls, 5 rolls boxes, etc. Sounds like a misread or dealer going off the handle prematurely.

Gary
    I would find this to be the most likely scenario, as taking away their 160 films would be effectively closing down shop.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you have a better group of counter guys than most. At my local shop they don't annoounce anything unless they have the email/letter posted at the counter.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    According the the fujilab.co.uk site, Astia 100F has been discontinued. I don't know whether this is a UK discontinuance or worldwide.

Tom
    WTF, I didn't know that!!!!!!!!!!! I was relying on using Astia when my stocks of K64 are finished.

Official, it's the 35mm version, apparently UK.

So much for Fuji supporting analogue. Thank God for Ilford...if they ever finish, I'm going to take up knitting instead. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Sounds like you have a better group of counter guys than most.
    FWIW, they are mostly women ("gals"). It is probably why they are better than most!
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Discontinued in '120' (Fuji Astia 100F): http://www.fujilab.co.uk/catalog/ast...pack-p-79.html

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if the use of digital cameras as a substitute for film has anything to do with these discontinuations.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Not an issue for me as I don't use a single Fuji product. If they are shrinking, it only helps the remaining players.
    I can't agree with that statement. As Simon Galley from Ilford has written here several times, a strong industry & competition is good for all the manufacturers. Bear in mind that many of them are sourcing the same raw materials from the same suppliers, so a drop in demand from a major player could affect availability of those materials to the others.

Also, I wouldn't assume that all photographers currently using Fuji materials will move to Kodak if they are discontinued. It might well be the push that sends them to digital, or painting. If Fuji discontinue a large amount of their unique emulsions it will be a really bad thing for traditional photography. I hope it doesn't happen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin