Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,438   Online: 975

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No information on the Swedish Fuji website of any discontinuation of Astia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The more I read about this the more I want to get into wet plate photography and making your own emulsions. Now I need to find out if one can make a color emulsion as well ;-)
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a possible logic here if you extend it to the Pro range. Most pros today are using digital, and therefore that range of colour films is of limited interest to them. It is possoble that Fuji has decided to consolidate the Pro part of the portfolio and allow consumer films to continue (which may make sense, since that is where all their sales are and particularly in their film ready snap cameras and in developing nations).

I too would regret a decision like that if they made it, since it reduces choice, and that is always bad for the art and the pocket (imagine of there was only one company making only one 800 film...)....I just realised, if Fuji lose 800Z...that is exactly the situation!

K
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given that they mentioned T64, and 800Z discontinuance was discussed in the past (and revived), the only new one here is 160C/N. I honestly think the photo store is just drumming stuff up that was either heard of before or possibly (but doubtfully) new news. When I see the notice from Fujifilm USA, then I'll believe it. Until then, Film FUD.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Given that they mentioned T64, and 800Z discontinuance was discussed in the past (and revived), the only new one here is 160C/N. I honestly think the photo store is just drumming stuff up that was either heard of before or possibly (but doubtfully) new news. When I see the notice from Fujifilm USA, then I'll believe it. Until then, Film FUD.
    Unfortunately the list has been released by Fujifilm officially to their dealers in the UK & US so there's no doubting anything written about what's discontinued.

Ian

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Unfortunately the list has been released by Fujifilm officially to their dealers in the UK & US so there's no doubting anything written about what's discontinued.

Ian
    Reference?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Reference?
    I have only seen reference to the US getting these letters but nothing on the UK just yet -- the reference for this was a recent post on JapanExposures as well as the OP.

I have e-mailed Fuji in the UK for some clarification.

Vicky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    At this point, there has only been copies of alleged postings, I saw this, I heard that etc. Even the posting on Japanexposures was only an reference to an alleged email. Until there is either a copy of the official email or an official annoucement from Fuji US/UK we should relax a little bit. No one has provided that yet. No other sites, other than filmwasters, a little blurb at the LF forum and here have anything posted yet other than rumor and speculation. I think we need official word before we can continue, otherwise we are just wasting bandwidth and time.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Gary,

I agree. I have contacted Fuji for this reason.

Vicky

Shooter
    35mm
    Fuji UK are good at replying fast and it's usually a manager rather than someone quoting a script.
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin