Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,421   Online: 951

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilserenity View Post
    I have only seen reference to the US getting these letters but nothing on the UK just yet -- the reference for this was a recent post on JapanExposures as well as the OP.

I have e-mailed Fuji in the UK for some clarification.

Vicky
    Also Fujifilm's own Japanese website. The relevant part is some will go when stocks are finished.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 03-08-2010 at 07:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can read Japanese quite well, heck its my job (Japanese/English/Chinese translating) and the problem is the Fuji Japan website does not match at all the list that was posted here. The only certain thing is Neopan 400 in 120, T64 in all flavors, and Fuji 160C in 120. Most of the rest of it involves repackaging issues, not out right discontinuances that the original poster mentions.

Gary
    Last edited by coriana6jp; 03-08-2010 at 07:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Getting late, too sleepy to type.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Also Fujifilm's own Japanese website. The relevant part is some will go when stocks are finished.

Ian
    Again, only Neopan 400 in 120, Fuji 160NC (160C) in 120, and T64 in all flavors are definate. And quickloads are gone, as well as some special order items. That is not the same as complete stopping distribution of items that the original poster listed.

Which is why we need to wait for confirmation from Fuji, not hearsay, which is all we have at this moment.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't understand why Fuji would drop Neopan 400 in 120. It's been my impression that as the faster films get better and better, more people use them instead of the slower films. Does Fuji have another 400 speed black and white film, or are they surrendering that category entirely to Kodak, Ilford and the rest?
    Charles Hohenstein

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No other classic processing ISO 400 b&w film. (But still a EI 400 b&w instant film.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I don't understand why Fuji would drop Neopan 400 in 120. It's been my impression that as the faster films get better and better, more people use them instead of the slower films. Does Fuji have another 400 speed black and white film, or are they surrendering that category entirely to Kodak, Ilford and the rest?
    I'm looking forward to the successor of 400PR this year ;-) .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    Again, only Neopan 400 in 120, Fuji 160NC (160C) in 120, and T64 in all flavors are definate. And quickloads are gone, as well as some special order items. That is not the same as complete stopping distribution of items that the original poster listed.

Which is why we need to wait for confirmation from Fuji, not hearsay, which is all we have at this moment.

Gary
    Do Fuji say Gary they are going to replace 160NC and 160C in 120 ?, because a lot of wedding photographers in the World who shoot this film will be very pissed off.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Alexander View Post
    I'm looking forward to the successor of 400PR this year ;-) .
    I take it you have information on a new Fuji 400 speed black and white film? If so, what do you know? Will it be offered in 120 and sheet film sizes?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Unfortunately the list has been released by Fujifilm officially to their dealers in the UK & US so there's no doubting anything written about what's discontinued.

Ian
    Please note that I did not read THE letter itself. I was just told three times by three different people about it. I will get in there when I get a chance.

My guesses are that the 160 films were a misread by the film counter manager, and there is a repackaging and/or a discontinuation of certain formats only in the works.

Either way, we need to be concerned if 160C is going in medium format. That is how a film's death usually begins. They drop the lowest-selling formats first, before they discontinue the emulsion entirely. (It was already gone in Quickload before all Quickload was discontinued, remember?) If nothing else, it is a hint of what is to come for color film when even a film that you'd think would be very popular (high contrast, high saturation, low grain, very sharp) is being trimmed down.

I'd also think that Astia would be one of their most popular transparency films. It's hacking does not give me much hope for E-6 films even a couple of years down the road.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-08-2010 at 01:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F what ever way we read things the colour market is due a huge shake up, with many films disappearing, the current availability isn't viable long term.

The BJP has predicted that E6 could disappear within a year, then look how Kodak are promoting Ektar a negative film.

The reality is except for projection E6 films no longer have purpose, there's only Ilfocchrome left as a print process except for digital and thats never been accepted as an ideal process.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin