Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,830   Online: 846

Page 1 of 40 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Interesting news about Fujicolor Pro

Hello,

I was in a local photo retailer today b.s.ing with the folks there that I know.

I heard some "interesting" news:

They received notice from Fuji that the following films are going away:

Pro 160S
    Pro 160C
    Pro 800Z
    T64

...thus, the only Fujicolor Pro emulsion to remain is Pro 400H, and I would assume that all Fujicolor sheet film is to go away.

Note that though T64 was discontinued some time ago, they just found out about its discontinuance from Fuji.

I thought to myself, "This cannot be true!"

I hate to start rumors on this type of stuff, but they told me they got it from Fuji proper. I asked them three times, and three different people to make sure this is the case.

Also part of the discussion was how much prices had both gone up, and evened out between the two companies in the past two years with sheet films. It used to be that a 10-sheet box of Fuji was $18, and a 10-sheet box of Kodak was $23. Now, they are both $32.

So, if this is not true, what is with the crazy/late information that Fuji is doling out to this retailer?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should this thread be in the Fuji sponsor's forum or here?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    keith,

was that samys in pasadena?

and WHICH kodak 10sht box was $32? chrome, negs?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    keith,

was that samys in pasadena?
    No. I believe they checked the prices for negative film, but they might have made a mistake, of course. Probably, now that I look around the 'Net.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ya, maybe the person was dislexic $32 instead of $23.

call Fuji and ask them on monday?

I don't really shoot Fuji except for chrome(astia and provia), mostly E100G and E200

and all kodak for c-41. portra has my name all over it

which dealer by chance?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you know the manager enough, I would ask him for a copy of the letter/e-mail from Fuji (if he got one). This way we can be sure, and we won't have the rumor mill rigmarole.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    here we go again!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peri24 View Post
    here we go again!!
    I would like to collect our knowledge to figure out what is going on, before we start ranting.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Direct from Fuji Japan, the only one of the above films to be canned is T64. Fuji 160C is being discontinued in 120 in Japan, other sizes to continue

I would get a copy of the email from the store.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just saw a similarly-worded post from Japan on Large Format forum- all 160C and 160S, all formats, gone.

I wouldn't rely on contacting Fuji USA, as they know even less about whas' up than we do.

Page 1 of 40 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin