Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,627   Online: 723

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know....I was just making a point. It is dissapointing that the APUG people often bash these companies so much....We should be celebrating them and celebrating our craft!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And just a couple month ago Fuji said it would be the last man standing.......Hope this statement works out, but the partners won't bleed to death before saying uncle. Neither would any of us.

Mike

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us make one distinct point about Ilford, Kodak, and Fuji: Ilford actually COMMUNICATES with it's customers (and here, on APUG, at that!).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still doesn't mean their business won't be in the toilet in 12 months (hope not as I use HP5+ in 4x5). I'm much more interested in how a product performs than listening to ads.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Still doesn't mean their business won't be in the toilet in 12 months (hope not as I use HP5+ in 4x5). I'm much more interested in how a product performs than listening to ads.

Mike
    Pessimistic much?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    In the past I have seen statements just like this from companies & days later they have done a complete turn around. Kodak are famous for this, that is why they basically have no company worth salvaging.
    Oh really? Then the high quality film they still produce counts for nothing? Please!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Let us make one distinct point about Ilford, Kodak, and Fuji: Ilford actually COMMUNICATES with it's customers (and here, on APUG, at that!).
    AMEN! Fuji may have said they'd be the last man standing, but after discontinuing Neopan 400 I've lost all faith and no longer support them. I'm behind Ilford 100%. We should be greatful we have such a great company supporting us!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Has Neopan 400 been discontinued? I thought there was still some speculation on this mainly due to it being packaged differently and in certain markets. Anyway, I would hate to see any of the big three (Ilford, Kodak, Fuji) fold. I'm loyal to Ilford because they provide slow (Pan F+) and high speed (Delta 3200) films in 120 so a hefty portion of my film expenditures goes to these. Since I recently began shooting 135 again in the past year and a half, I've been going nuts buying up Arista Premium 400 and Legacy Pro 100 so at least some of my money is trickling back to Kodak and Fuji.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a comforting read. I just started a darkroom class and have made Delta 400 and DD-X my materials of choice.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    Has Neopan 400 been discontinued? I thought there was still some speculation on this mainly due to it being packaged differently and in certain markets. Anyway, I would hate to see any of the big three (Ilford, Kodak, Fuji) fold. I'm loyal to Ilford because they provide slow (Pan F+) and high speed (Delta 3200) films in 120 so a hefty portion of my film expenditures goes to these. Since I recently began shooting 135 again in the past year and a half, I've been going nuts buying up Arista Premium 400 and Legacy Pro 100 so at least some of my money is trickling back to Kodak and Fuji.
    They discontinued 400PR in 120 format. Total loss to everyone and completely angering to most involved. It's similar to Kodak doing something like discontinuing 400TX in 120 (hypothetical) as Neopan is a bread and butter stock.

It's still available in 135 and an excellent film at that.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin