Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,339   Online: 882

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    I took the ellipsis at the end of "0101010101..." to mean it was an indefinitely repeating series of 0s and 1s. That wouldn't translate to 343 or any other number in decimal, just binary digits on and on and on, forever...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe that reading out loud the developing instructions for a film or the characteristics of a paper or focusing really hard on a beautiful photograph can result to a religious experience of variable validity.
    On the other hand what one does on his knees in a dark red-lit confined space under the influence of chemical fumes is his own business.
    One cannot escape the religious undertones that analog photography has in its ceremonies and practices (preparation, developing, printing), but also in the concepts of faith and hope (for the picture to come out alright, for film to continue being available).

Personally, as an aspiring zen buddhist, I like to see the whole thing as a mind clearing, living in the moment, absurd ritual.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin