Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,821   Online: 1157

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Pentax Digital Spotmeter availability?

A question in another thread got me to looking online for new prices for the Pentax Digital Spotmeter. To my surprise, none of the online photo suppliers that I frequent seemed to carry it. These include Freestyle, B&H, Calumet US, Adorama, et al.

Calumet UK had one listed, as did the Pentax Store (US$ 749). Amazon and others who deal secondarily in the product listed it as "not currently available."

So, what's up with this? Has the Pentax Spotmeter been discontinued? If not, why are they so hard to get?

This has been my meter of choice for years. If they have gone the way of so much in analog photography recently, I'll have to get another spare!

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not sure what the supply is like in the US or Europe, but here in Japan they are at almost any big camera store. The price has gone up quite a bit in the last few years, 4 years ago they were about 420.00USD new, now they are closer to $700, between Pentax price increases and the drop in the US dollar 750 is not too far from the price here in Japan.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    A question in another thread got me to looking online for new prices for the Pentax Digital Spotmeter. To my surprise, none of the online photo suppliers that I frequent seemed to carry it. These include Freestyle, B&H, Calumet US, Adorama, et al.

Calumet UK had one listed, as did the Pentax Store (US$ 749). Amazon and others who deal secondarily in the product listed it as "not currently available."

So, what's up with this? Has the Pentax Spotmeter been discontinued? If not, why are they so hard to get?

This has been my meter of choice for years. If they have gone the way of so much in analog photography recently, I'll have to get another spare!

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Can be ordered new from Taiwan:

http://cgi.ebay.de/NEW-PENTAX-DIGITA...#ht_6181wt_762
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yet i think (no confirmation) the things has indeed been discontinued. That, or 'spun off' to some other manufacturer (perhaps the one who made the thing all along), still using the pentax brand name?.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin