Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,221   Online: 872

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a company that sells "remainders" of 16mm and 35mm movie film. The have locations in NYC and LA. Can't remember the name though; perhaps someone else knows. IIRC, they sell it by the foot.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    Call Eastman Kodak direct at (800) 621-FILM (3456). Here is the link to their motion picture price list:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...arch9_2009.pdf

As you can see, they have 400ft. and 1000ft. rolls of Plus-X and Double-X (as well as colour stock, of course) and the price can't be beat. I ordered 400ft. of Plus-X for my P/D project and have gone through about half of it so far. BTW: I had the film on my desk within 3 hours of calling them.

I'm stunned that I'm the only one who keeps mentioning it.
    This is the same stuff that we use in a 135 format camera? And is a special bulk loader required?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found it: http://www.filmemporium.com/

But prices don't look all the great to me (compared to 100' rolls at freestyle).

Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    There is a company that sells "remainders" of 16mm and 35mm movie film. The have locations in NYC and LA. Can't remember the name though; perhaps someone else knows. IIRC, they sell it by the foot.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    This is the same stuff that we use in a 135 format camera? And is a special bulk loader required?
    No, Viri. A bulk loader is not required. You must cut and spool the film by feel in the dark. I have bulk loaded for going on fifty years and have never owned a bulk loader.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, keep an eye on eBay for bulk deals on expired or otherwise "questionable" film...

Here's 200 rolls of 24 exposure c-41 B&W for $199 ($1.04/roll, including shipping)

They seem to insinuate that it's respooled XP2 (and maybe it is...there can't be too many other c41 B&W films produced in EU). I probably wouldn't go out shooting weddings on the stuff, but it might work for something like this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No the motion picture B&W stock does not have remjet that you have to remove.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Although the service may be great, Plus-X on that catalog is still more than legacyPro from Freestyle, per foot. I know that sometimes people get short ends or recans, though.
    Good luck finding short ends...I've had a standing order in at Certified Film for over a year now...it's like an urban myth. You can get what you need, same day, for 0.35 per foot. If that's not the best price, then it is within pennies of you best.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle sells for 0.24 per foot in 100ft rolls of Legacy Pro 100. That's Fuji Neopan Acros.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay, that is cheaper. Probably not for me, with duty & shipping.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    Okay, that is cheaper. Probably not for me, with duty & shipping.
    There's no duty on film in Canada. You'll pay shipping plus applicable sales taxes.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin