Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,850   Online: 941

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for letting us know. As we live longer and try to take care of things the best we can, we are bound to get caught up in one bad business or another. Especially when fraud get so sophisticated, it is becoming harder and harder to distinguish good from bad.

Those business thrive because they are so good at looking good and hiding their tracks or wiggling their way out. Sometimes, even good research doesn't turn up signs you are right in the middle of it.

Please try not to be too hard on yourself.

Did you pay by credit card? Maybe your credit company can assist? A lot of times, they shift burden of proof (that a good transaction existed) to the business and give consumer the benefit of doubt. Maybe you want to try that? I also involved attorney general's office at one point. It worked wonderfully that just a threat of action was enough. Your situation may not be the same.

BBB is not effective in getting money back. They don't have much authority in taking actions on individual basis. They are more less reporting/advisory agency.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    0.42 out of 10 on resellerratings! That's impressively low.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    how about suing them in small claims court,
    then sending a collector after them.
    the collection agency will take a small percentage
    of the purse, but you can add that into your claim.
    and if they don't pay, they will get a lien put against them ...

i would call the tx AG now and file a claim against them with their office
    and perhaps they will start the ball rolling on a criminal case ...

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Try working with the BBB (Better Buissness Bureau)?
    The BBB, contrary to popular belief, is not a government agency, it's a corporation in itself, with all kinds of cronyism. Not always the best route. A better bet might be the FTC, considering this is going over state lines.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a funny story about the BBB.

Yes, I lodged a complaint. Now, bear in mind, sciencelab.com isn't a member, they have an F rating. :rolleyes:

But I got an email a few days ago, from the BBB, saying that sciencelab.com wanted to close the complaint claiming I'd received a refund.

HA!

No I didn't.

I re-instated the complaints. They're shameless liars, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    how about suing them in small claims court,
    then sending a collector after them.
    I checked that out, too - they have judgments against them. They just don't pay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterella View Post
    I checked that out, too - they have judgments against them. They just don't pay.
    THAT is where the collection agencies come in

sorry for your troubles 500clams is a lot of clams ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterella View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with that statement. Can anyone explain how that is legal?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up. I looked at their site before, but fortunately never ordered from them. I do hope you have contacted your credit card company even if it's to late file a dispute.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thing about small claims court.... at least in my jurisdiction.

Unlike all other courts, small claims court does not help collect the judgment. It is up to the claimant to collect it. A company or an individual may have a judgment against them but they can refuse to pay/settle as long as they want. All plaintiff can do is to put lien against them and wait until the company runs into a situation where clearing that lien is necessary. (which may not happen for long time, and when it does happen, they may not have the money to pay for it.)

For example.... I can sue my next door neighbor and let's say I win the case. If he doesn't want to pay me, I can put a lien against his property. That will prevent him to sell his house or a car and it will show in his credit. If he doesn't sell or doesn't need a loan, he can just NOT pay. In the mean time, it is my responsibility to keep renewing lien every few years - which cost time and money.

I am not a lawyer but I had a pleasure of taking a company to small claims court. This is from my experience.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin