Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 695

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

even Movie film is not imune it seems..

I fellow from a Movie lab is Australia just posted on the cinematography.com website that he has been told that Plus x reversal 7265 in 16mm and Super 8 as well as Plus-x Motion Picture Negative 7231/5231 in 16mm and 35mm are being phased out.

see
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...CN040710_Q.pdf

sure enough the suggested replenishments are Tri-X reversal and Double X negative. So much for the idea of buying some 5231 if regular film becomes hard to get...

(the Vison2 stocks on that PCN are pobaly all covered off by the newer Vision 3 stocks... Kodak Does introduce NEW products. - I even noticed that Ektar 100 is now shown on Freestyles site as being available in 4X5 and 8X10 Sheet film)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My brother is currently doing his MFA in film and they *never* use Plus-X in 16mm. A lot of the first classes use Tri-X reversal because it teaches you about exposure and you don't have to make a work print or transfer to see your results. The Plus-X stuff doesn't seem to appeal to them because it slow. When they move up to a different stock, it's almost always color negative, though some shoot negative B&W film.

Still, it stinks. I hope regularly Plus-X will stay around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can use Tri-X for my 8mm work, with an ND filter. But I really hope that Plus-X still film isn't discontinued. That is my favorite B&W film, and I don't have enough money in my bank account to stock up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder how long Double-X has got now!
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PX (Plus-X) discontinued as movie film.

I really don't want to see a Kodak bashing thread again but wanted to inform you all that Kodak has discontinued Plus-X movie film in formats 35mm, 16mm, and Super 8. They also took away some of the vision films.

Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hm, sad news. It's the only B&W Super 8 film I have shot to date. They list TRI-X reversal as a replacement, but I'm not sure my ancient equipment can handle iso 200 film properly. Well, actually I'm pretty sure it can't.

Anyway, thanks for posting. "Remember, you heard it here first!". True for me in this case.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This comes up as "PX (Plus-X) discontinued..." in the truncated topic listing for the forum--don't startle me like that! (Not that this couldn't be a foreshadowing of that possible eventuality--maybe I should stock up.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Anybody call Kodak and ask what this means for still Plus-X?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Threads merged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I really don't want to see a Kodak bashing thread again but wanted to inform you all that Kodak has discontinued Plus-X movie film in formats 35mm, 16mm, and Super 8. They also took away some of the vision films.

Kodak has not discontinued all of these motion picture films; many were discontinued only in particular amounts of feet or spools / core, such as 100 foot rolls, 800 foot rolls, and even a 1200 foot roll, which I was surprised that they still made.

Kodak has always phased out older motion picture films as new ones were made and always to the consternation of some who preferred the older version. All of the original Vision films have been discontinued, for example, and replaced with the newer Vision2 or Vision 3 emulsions.

Tim

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin