Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,725   Online: 745

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I regularly shop (in person) at at lab supply place here in Sunnyvale. I've had to fill out the DEA forms...it's really not (or wasn't) a big deal. But then I'm there in person...maybe that makes a difference.
    Any chance of getting the name of the lab supply.

Roger

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    We discussed this very thing at a alternative processing group meeting the other evening, and we discovered I think that each one of us -- about 5 -- were dealing with a different supplier. some were local some were not, some were photographic related, some were not, and we each had different experiences. I related that I was buying locally, and picking up in person and I think I had had the least issues, as there was no shipping and no need for business addresses and the like. You may want to see what sorts of local dealers you can find in your area, and try that first.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So PE, have you complained about the specific cases in question to your appropriate elected officials?
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have trouble buying over the counter cold medications
    ... restriction is a fact of life these days ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    So PE, have you complained about the specific cases in question to your appropriate elected officials?
    Mark;

There are not enough of us to make a difference.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've read this whole thread. Although, I don't have a current need to order chemicals, I will offer my opinion, here.

The world, today, is intrinsically different from what it was 20 years ago. 9/11 changed everything, not in the way that it was the ONLY event that forced us to rethink security, but, b/c it showed the world on a grand scale that there are segments of society (here, specifically Al-Qaeda,) that want to DESTROY THE WESTERN WORLD. They want to destroy our way of life, and they have infinite patience. They will wait, until the time is right to unleash terrorism against us that was unthinkable 20 years ago. I know very little about the conflict in Northern Ireland in the 1970's-almost nothing. I DO know, however, that neither side in the conflict, CUT OFF THE HEADS OF THE THE OTHER SIDE AND POSTED VIDEOS on the evening news (obviously, the wasn't YOUTUBE back then.) I assume many of you, out there, have young kids, whom you love dearly; well, these terrorists would think nothing of destroying them in front of you, while you watched. Why? Sometimes, in this world, we must recognize evil when we see it. Forget this moral relativism. Evil is evil. We are at a crossroads as a civilization, where the western world must stand up for its values and culture, or we will be destroyed by Al-Qaeda and other groups who think similarly. Do you think, with a straight face that once we ALLOW Iran to aquire nuclear weapons that they wouldn't LOVE to pass them to Al-Qeada, who will smuggle them over our borders? I mean really. Do you feel safe against that prospect for you and YOUR families?

My point is that I believe that if our government goes a little overboard with not allowing our access to certain photgraphic chemicals, or makes it difficult to obtain some, and their actions stem from their honest belief that it will help their fight against terrorism, and if I DO need these chemicals, at some point...I will gladly sacrifice the inconvenience for the POTENTIAL (however small) safety of my children. Maybe, some of you are rolling your eyes, but I believe this, firmly.

BTW, NOT that I am defending a communist nation's traits IN ANY WAY, and I'm not going to live in one, but, there is ONE characteristic that we need a little more of.............If Al Qaeda had struck a similar building in China, and had killed 3,000 innocent people, what do you think THEY would have done????? Would they sit around hand-wringing, debating about the Patriot
    Act's merits?????? Would they self-reflect and say, "Oh, I wonder what we, as a nation, as a culture did to deserve this?" "Maybe, if only we sat down with the terrorists and understood them better...understood WHY they hated us so much, we'd stop them from attacking us, again." Do you think China would do that??????????????? Neither should we. I'm sorry, this is about the thread, originally started...let's be willing to sacrifice a little inconvenience for the good of preserving our freedoms and our kids ways of life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In other words, let the government make analog photography impossible? That is the direction we are headed, you know.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Preserving freedoms by destroying them? - that doesn't make sense. Refusing to try and understand situations is absurd, it doesn't imply complicity.

Tom

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somehow I suspect this thread is going to get a little political ...

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. Two new posts while I wrote one sentence.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin