Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,858   Online: 1199

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I really think you guys are over-reacting a little tiny bit. What is the big deal with registering with the DEA (now DHS)? Do you own a car? is it registered with the DMV??? You don't think twice about that - do you? So what's with all this drama over registering with the Gov so that you can buy chems?

I was just at the local supplier the other day...bought a quarter pound of Silver Nitrate. Apparently, it has some non-photographic uses....so, yup, they checked my id and made sure that I was already "on file" as having registered. What's the big deal?
    Last edited by BradS; 04-12-2010 at 12:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...I don't know anything about the ordering of chemicals, so, from that perspective, I guess I shouldn't talk. Maybe, if I were, I'd be upset, too. Also, maybe, like the ridiculous ephederine situation at the pharmacy, the govt should stop punishing us, b/c a few criminals are manufacturing drugs. I agree with that, totally. Maybe, they should educate themselves on what analougue photographers use, so that we're not affected by this stuff, I agree. My points, above, just stem from my overall frustration that this country has gone so far left in the past year or two, and it scares the you know what out of me. I believe, 100%, that if we try to appease terrorists, or be PC, in ANY WAY, so as not to offend "that part of the world," we will set this country up (and all of the Western world,) for its own destruction.

I apologize if I spoke about a topic with with I have no experience, but, I, most of you, I'm sure, want our way of life preserved for us and our kids. We, as a society, have nothing to apologize for. We didn't do anything. The war came to us; however, if I'm wrong about the topic of this thread, then I apologize.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is somewhat disheartening to me as I have wanted to mix my own chems for quite some time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    This is somewhat disheartening to me as I have wanted to mix my own chems for quite some time.
    DO not believe this crap. Go to the photographer's formulary or art craft chemicals and CJ chemicals on ebay. Everything you need to get started mixing your own is easily available. This is just so much fear mongering and "the sky is falling!" I cannot believe it. Do NOT buy into the fear. Just look and you will find what you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nail on the head brad .. ( all of your posts .. )

Shooter
    35mm
    Those who would give up essential chemistry in the pursuit of liberty deserve DSLRs.

Um, or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    varyav

my guess is that PE was buying something that was not
    a regular thing that one would purchase to make a developer ...
    i know i don't plan on buying panchromatic dyes anytime soon ... maybe that is what he was getting ...

PE
    why don't you register yourself + your enterprise as a DBA so you can use your
    business name instead of personal name as the purchaser, and register yourself
    with whatever entity they want you to register with. it costs about 10$ here to register as a DBA ...
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=jnanian;978448
    PE
    why don't you register yourself + your enterprise as a DBA so you can use your
    business name instead of personal name as the purchaser, and register yourself
    with whatever entity they want you to register with. it costs about 10$ here to register as a DBA ...
    john[/QUOTE]

How about "PhotoEngineer Products"

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I haven't had a problem finding anything I need. I've even purchased sodium hydroxide, which is theoretically illegal for sale to the general public in New York City, at B&H, and I've ordered it online when it wasn't available locally. I purchase from Artcraft, Photographer's Formulary, Bostick & Sullivan, and occasionally from Mostly-Metals (which I think may be operating under a new name lately--not sure if he's still in business).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin