Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,911   Online: 1102

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    you don't need to go all the way to jersey
    just to a packy in ri and you can get what you need.

and it IS sold on sundays until 5pm
    Sweet! Much closer than N.J.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd suggest finding a local chemical house and build a working relationship with them. That way they know you, and you know they will work to get you what they need. I've been buying random items from my local place for over 20 years now. Sure, they have to photocopy my drivers license to meet federal regs, but I'm fine with that.

I was able to buy a nice, explosive compound like Potassium Nitrate and they even shipped off a second bottle to a friend that was having trouble buying it. It may not have been the cheapest price, but it was of a known quality and that's important for what I was using it for.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    35mm

Freedoms...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Preserving freedoms by destroying them? - that doesn't make sense.
    You mean like mob rule, like the protesters shutting down the Ann Coulter talk at the U of 0 in March?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence Brennan View Post
    You mean like mob rule, like the protesters shutting down the Ann Coulter talk at the U of 0 in March?
    Yes - (after looking up the issue) - There is a scene in the BBC television adaptation 'The History Man' in which one of the students declares a talk should be closed down 'due to the court of radical opinion...'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_History_Man

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    You can get it in Oregon. Just drive on over.

And remember, Oregon's a great place to visit, but please don't stay...
    The Columbia river gorge and all of the Oregon coast (as well as the coast of N. California) are two of my favorite places to visit.

No need to worry about us moving up there though... I don't think I could handle the commute!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    OK, this is ridiculous. Anybody who cannot find the basic chemicals necessary to make ordinary film and paper developers and fixer is simply not looking.
    But many items cannot be shipped to Canada..
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    But many items cannot be shipped to Canada..
    I am quite certain that is because Canadian law either does not permit it or makes it prohibitively expensive (with tariffs for example).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are almost no tariffs now between the US and Canada for goods that originate in North America.

As for the laws involved, I expect that US export restrictions are the only likely culprits when it comes to prohibiting shipping.

I'd be willing to bet that the reason it is difficult or impossible to get items shipped, is that there are bureaucratic and paperwork requirements in both countries, and that the task of fulfilling those requirements is an onerous one which no-one would willingly undertake when only retail amounts are involved.

It may also be the case that the requirements in the two countries are contradictory.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin