Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,324   Online: 898

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not difficult to reverse process any B/W film.
    Some are better than others but unless this stuff is cheap you don't really need a special "R" designated film.
    Just find one that has the clearest base.

I had never done it until I came here and started researching. It is a bit more tedious than regular b/w but no harder.

There are also ways to do it without sulphuric acid if you don't want to fill out the paper work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go dogs go!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For what it's worth, I buy sulphuric acid at the auto parts (battery acid) available in 2 quart and huge containers for little money... Pot. permanganate is/was available at hardware stores that sell water softeners. I got my little bottle from a Sears hardware store in Houston. No forms, no questions asked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea, Pot Perm is available off eBay with no paperwork whatsoever.

I think it's only when you try to get concentrated sulphuric acid is when the DEA rises an eyebrow. I know PhotoFormulary requires a DEA form for the acid.

I just use sodium bisulfate and potassium permanganate for my bleach.

I didn't look for the suphuric acid at the auto parts store yet as I'm still testing/perfecting my process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So, what is the archivability of Black and White reversal? Does it fade with projection like color reversal films?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    So, what is the archivability of Black and White reversal? Does it fade with projection like color reversal films?
    I genuinely don not know, but I would assume that black and white slides must be more stable in the long run, since the image is formed by silver grains rather than colour dyes, which tend to degrade at different rates. One thing is certain though, B&W slides won't change their colour balance over time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's not a rumor. FOMA-R will be out in 120 in a few months.

dw

Quote Originally Posted by frdrx View Post
    There's a rumour circulating in the .cz domain that Foma is about to start rolling Fomapan R (their B&W reversal film) onto 120 spools this summer, thus making it available for medium format shooting. Fingers crossed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believed it from the beginning, but your confirmation made me happy all the same. The one thing I am not happy about, though, is that the availability of this film in 120 format will cause me a severe shortage of MF slide mounts. I wish someone would start making affordable alternatives to those GEPE rip-offs. Hopefully my luck on Ebay will improve before too long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    It's not difficult to reverse process any B/W film.
    Some are better than others but unless this stuff is cheap you don't really need a special work.
    does this film offer anything that reversing some other b&w film doesn't? you mentioned having a clear base, so other than that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This film has a unique look, as do all the film as a chrome. FOMA-r can not be a negative however. It can only be processed as a positive.

It has a clear old-timey movie-stock look base.
    With our process clear-base is not an advantage, but the only films with a clear base are; Scala [old-discontinued], ROLLEI - RETOR80, IR400, SUPERPAN, ATO, ATP. EFKE ORT25.

dw

Quote Originally Posted by fwank View Post
    does this film offer anything that reversing some other b&w film doesn't? you mentioned having a clear base, so other than that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin