Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,450   Posts: 1,643,585   Online: 1162

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What is the deal? (TXP 320)

I know its discontinued, and I know some rare rolls are popping up in different places, but I did a search tonight to see if there was any around.. and found a few listed.. between 9.00 and 12.00 per roll. Is this what it is going for now?

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a classic film and now discontinued. Want to see ridiculous mark-up? Look at the prices of some Kodachrome.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have some, and actually prefer Plus-X (I am a slower speed guy).. maybe I should part with it while its fresh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Remember, what's left is 220, so $9-12 isn't as out of line as it would be for 120. I found some at justfilm.com a month or two ago and I think I paid around $30-35 for a 5-pack (but I also think it was the last he had). Uniquephoto.com still had 40-odd rolls left the last time I looked, but that's been a few weeks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I specifically looked for 120.. 220 was about 15.00 or more. So many people looking for it, so I decided to sell mine. If it doesn't sell, I will just shoot it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    If it doesn't sell, I will just shoot it.
    Put it out of its misery.

(I don't know what I'm waiting for on my small stock, I should just go use it and stop waiting for a special occasion.)

I grew up in Nashville BTW, so it's good to see someone here from Memphis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would gladly trade Pasadena for Memphis.. just about shot everything I can here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I decided that I would take offers on the film.. If that doesnt work, I will put it out of its misery..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I may have misunderstood the chronology--so we've gone from TXP320 in 120 and 220, to 220 being yanked (which prompted me to go order some), to 120 also being yanked, so now no TXP320 at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Moved this thread to product availability, and as has been mentioned in numerous threads, TXP will no longer be manufactured in either 120 or 220 formats. It will still be available as a sheet film.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin