Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,383   Online: 731

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What is the deal? (TXP 320)

I know its discontinued, and I know some rare rolls are popping up in different places, but I did a search tonight to see if there was any around.. and found a few listed.. between 9.00 and 12.00 per roll. Is this what it is going for now?

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a classic film and now discontinued. Want to see ridiculous mark-up? Look at the prices of some Kodachrome.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have some, and actually prefer Plus-X (I am a slower speed guy).. maybe I should part with it while its fresh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Remember, what's left is 220, so $9-12 isn't as out of line as it would be for 120. I found some at justfilm.com a month or two ago and I think I paid around $30-35 for a 5-pack (but I also think it was the last he had). Uniquephoto.com still had 40-odd rolls left the last time I looked, but that's been a few weeks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I specifically looked for 120.. 220 was about 15.00 or more. So many people looking for it, so I decided to sell mine. If it doesn't sell, I will just shoot it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    If it doesn't sell, I will just shoot it.
    Put it out of its misery.

(I don't know what I'm waiting for on my small stock, I should just go use it and stop waiting for a special occasion.)

I grew up in Nashville BTW, so it's good to see someone here from Memphis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would gladly trade Pasadena for Memphis.. just about shot everything I can here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I decided that I would take offers on the film.. If that doesnt work, I will put it out of its misery..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the discontinuation was annouced, I ordered ten rolls from B&H at about $4 a 120 roll. The US Post Office lost the film and B&H did not have any more left, and B&H promptly returned the money.

I got a PM from an APUGGer that pointed me to a source in San Francisco who shipped me ten rolls at $5 a 120 roll.

$6 to $9 a roll of 220 is not a bad price.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I may have misunderstood the chronology--so we've gone from TXP320 in 120 and 220, to 220 being yanked (which prompted me to go order some), to 120 also being yanked, so now no TXP320 at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin