Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,314   Online: 1064

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Sorry for the delay Peter. As mentioned I am using the Ilford Warm Tone Developer. I am using Ilford Chemistry for the entire process. I mix the developer 1:9. I started developing in trays so I could pull the paper when I was ready. After doing this for 12 sheets I was realizing no big advantage to analyzing each image under a weak red safelight. So now I am using 4x5 tanks like these. LINK. So far the development time seems good at 2 minutes. I dip the film in and agitate by moving the film holder up and down for the first 15 seconds. This is done in the dark (safelight on) without the cover on the developing tank. I then agitate every 15 seconds for 5 seconds. The film holder is pulled up to drain at 1:55. This is a bit messy. The film is then transferred to a stop tank and a fix tank. I wash in a tray made for washing prints. Temperature is room temp. About 76ºF

I am considering increasing my exposure time in bright sun to 2.5 minutes and bringing my development time down to one minute or maybe slightly less. If you shoot film these may not sound like good numbers but from previous experiments I think it may be worth a try with this paper to reduce the contrast slightly. I gladly welcome thoughts / feedback. The best way to learn is from each other.
    PLynch
    on facebook at Pinhole Prints
    Home page at Pinhole Prints

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    New images using the Harman DP paper. These were made under overcast conditions. I found using my footcandle meter (Ya they are useful) and a sliding scale I made several years ago for use with T-Max 100 to work out very well. Exposures ranged from 6 minutes to over a half an hour. The scale I made converted footcandle readings to EVs which gave me an exposure with another time next to it that accounted for reciprocity. I found this worked well on the full range of exposures I used. The last five images on the page are from today.
    Images are HERE.
    PLynch

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pat

Is it too early to mention that your images will be exhibited at Photokina this year?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Ha, I guess not.
    PLynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Then get going, the ladies are waiting!

For everybody else:
    Pat's fantastic prints will be exhibited at Photokina 2010!
    Why? Because they're great and because the APUG network works!

I saw them here, loved them, and made the connection with the right people for Pat.

Don't forget to do the same for others within YOUR circle of influence.
    There are some great images on APUG!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Patrick- thank you for the info as your images make it tempting to want to try this....congrats on being at Photokina as u deserve it!!
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PLynch,

the images look great! Are you pre-exposing the paper like Harman recommends, or is this "straight"? I just ordererd a few packs of the RC paper, and I will try it with lith developer when time permits. The whole idea of making one of a kind paper prints is really exiting. I might even try it in my wet plate camera, when it's too cold to use WP chemistry outside in Sweden. Which will be very soon...
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember that the pre-exposure for this paper can also be done in-camera as described in AA's book The Negative.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I have not pre flashed the paper yet. I have never liked the results when experimenting with this in the past. Although it has been a number of years. I have read The Camera, The Negative and The Print. All excellent. I have also recently become aware of another book that looks to be an excellent source of information. Way Beyond Monochrome.
    PLynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PLynch View Post
    I have not pre flashed the paper yet. I have never liked the results when experimenting with this in the past. Although it has been a number of years. I have read The Camera, The Negative and The Print. All excellent. I have also recently become aware of another book that looks to be an excellent source of information. Way Beyond Monochrome.
    Never heard of it.

Just kidding, Ralph.
    Charles Hohenstein

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin