Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,841   Posts: 1,582,614   Online: 1056

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PLynch View Post
    Good idea,

Ralph, While your at Photokina would you be able to take a picture of my pictures to send me?
    Thanks

No, no, no. I want to be in that picture! You need to ask Ilford that question!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I want this paper so bad!

This is SO great! I'm teaching a pinhole class to some young people later this year and this paper is going to be pretty spectacular!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Too big!!!

I just tried to load a few 4x5 inch film holders with this paper and it does not fit. The paper is about 1,5 millimeter larger on both sides compared to 4x5 inch film.

I thought I was going crazy so I tried it in another holder: same problem. I've compared the 4x5 inch Harman DPP to both Kodak 160NC 4x5 inch film and Efke 4x5 inch film (both of which fit perfectly in all my holders) and the DPP is larger on both sides.

Have I received a faulty batch? Is this paper not supposed to fit in a regular 4x5 inch holder?

Thanks!
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Argh... I hear you. They make a 4x5 size. Sadly 4x5 film holders are not 4x5.
    They also make a 3.9X4.9 size. This is what you need to fit the 4x5 film holders.

If you have a red safelight you could trim it down in the darkroom fairly easy. Just take care not to scratch them.
    PLynch
    on facebook at Pinhole Prints
    Home page at Pinhole Prints

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess that's true.

Very clever of the Ilford/Harman people to suddenly change the nomenclature of their own products. ALL 4x5 inch FILM on their site is labelled: 4x5 inch / 10.2 x 12.7 cm. This film fits in a 4x5 inch holder. The pack of DPP I have here says "4x5 inch / 10.2 x 12.7 cm". This is BIGGER than the "other" 4x5 inches Ilford have.

What is the point of even making a 4x5 inch size that does NOT fit in 4x5 in holder? And what is the point of making a 3.9x4.9 size only in FIBER? Why is there NO INFO on the Ilford photo site mentioning this difference in size?

I was very much looking forward to using this interesting and innovative product, but this pisses me off.

What's next? 120-film that only fits Hasselblad cameras?
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timeUnit View Post
    I guess that's true.

Very clever of the Ilford/Harman people to suddenly change the nomenclature of their own products. ALL 4x5 inch FILM on their site is labelled: 4x5 inch / 10.2 x 12.7 cm. This film fits in a 4x5 inch holder. The pack of DPP I have here says "4x5 inch / 10.2 x 12.7 cm". This is BIGGER than the "other" 4x5 inches Ilford have.

What is the point of even making a 4x5 inch size that does NOT fit in 4x5 in holder? And what is the point of making a 3.9x4.9 size only in FIBER? Why is there NO INFO on the Ilford photo site mentioning this difference in size?

I was very much looking forward to using this interesting and innovative product, but this pisses me off.

What's next? 120-film that only fits Hasselblad cameras?
    I think we need Ilford to explain this!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by timeUnit View Post
    I guess that's true.

Very clever of the Ilford/Harman people to suddenly change the nomenclature of their own products.
    Did they really change nomenclature?
    -) Films (intended for use in holders) are designated with nominal size
    -) Papers are designated with true size

With this paper being inbetween in use that system is confusing (and would need clarifiication).

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got two packs of 4x5 and 8x10 in the post. Will the 8x10 fit the 8x10 film holders?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be pretty fantastic if all these papers failed to fit their designated holders. Perhaps Ilford could offer a custom made cutting machine that crops that extra 1.5 mm?
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I posted this in the Paper Positives group but because there is only 6 people in the group (HINT) I am posting again here.
    I received a very exciting e-mail from Harman today.
    The direct positive paper has been being made in standard paper sizes. Unfortunately this is taking some photographers buy surprise. Being a direct positive paper it may very well end up in a film back and not an enlarger easel. The film back sizes are a bit smaller than standard paper sizes. Harman has recognized this and is modifying the product size.

Here is a section from the e-maili I received.

We have become increasingly aware since the launch of this product that we have rather perplexed the Analogue Photographic Community by producing 4 x 5" Direct Positive Paper at 'true' size, ie. paper ISO standards. We have therefore taken the decision to change ALL the sizes of Direct Positive Paper to ISO standard sheet film sizes for future production batches - this will effectively reduce the size of the paper very slightly in both dimensions.

It will take a little time for this adjustment to filter through to all the sizes in the range, however new stocks of 4 x 5" RC paper are in production as we speak and so all future customer orders will be supplied with resized paper. We will apply this change to all sizes of Direct Positive Paper and will refer to the 'nominal' size in inches and show the actual metric size alongside. We will of course clearly communicate the change on our websites

From what I understand DP paper should also be available for US dealers to obtain. So hopefully soon we will be able to order from B&H or your other favorite dealer.
    PLynch
    on facebook at Pinhole Prints
    Home page at Pinhole Prints

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin