Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,665   Online: 980

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesh View Post
    I've been wondering if it were possible modify a box brownie to use this paper? I am a beginner (have only developed - haven't tried any printing yet!) so not sure where to start. If it is possible - any suggestions on where I could find some info to get me started? Many thanks.
    They will be small but beautiful. Are you thinking to leave the lens or replace ir with a pinhole as I did?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BoxCameraPinhole.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's awesome Ralph! I was thinking of leaving the lens on for starters - what do you think? Any hints on how I mount the paper? Your new book sounds amazing BTW...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesh View Post
    That's awesome Ralph! I was thinking of leaving the lens on for starters - what do you think? Any hints on how I mount the paper? Your new book sounds amazing BTW...
    Considering the paper is already a very slow EI 3 or so according to the posts here, starting out with a camera with lens might not be such a bad idea...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mesh:

I got a bit fed up with cutting up and loading plate holder just for test shots, so I tried making a direct positive roll film. This was very easy and worked perfectly.

I cut a pre-flashed 11 X 14" sheet into 2 1/4" strips. Obviously these are a bit thick (I used the RC paper) but about half the length of a roll film. I rolled them up in some discarded spools & backing papers. Tape the leader where the arrows start, save wasting the first two inches and you'll get at least five 2 1/4" square frames. No sure I'd want to stick it in a hassleblad back (even if I had one :rolleyes but in a folding roll film camera (or a box camera) with a red window it works fine. I rolled up and processed half a dozen. It means you can do the pre-flash and development of a strip (or whole sheet) of test shots in one go and keep things consistent.
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks very much Steve. Will give it a go and report back... ;-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Heard back from Harman on shipping this to the US--35 UKP shipping for a 9 UKP box of 25 sheets of 4x5" paper. Ouch!

I'll ask if maybe we might do better with a larger group order.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered this stuff from Harman Direct as well, in the US it wasn't too bad and it got here fast.

I used it like sheet film, and the results are stunning. Hot contrast yet very controllable. Unlike the Efke stuff. I am in love with it!

Even for skin tones, the hard part is making someone stay perfectly still for 1 second or more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hdpp177.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow, thats an amazing example. i might have to grab some. ilford should use that photo for advertisement of the paper and its capabilities. care to share your method.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nice result. Are those strawberries? It must be really orthochromatic, which I guess makes sense, since you can use a red safelight, no?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, those are strawberries, yes. The entire series is up on flickr (here).

It is very orthochromatic, which is why i decided to use strawberries. It was shot in my Crown Graphic, Sironar-S 135mm wide open. Develop in Dektol. Fin.

And two more I took to see the extreme ortho properties of this paper:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hdpp178.jpg   hdpp181.jpg  
    Last edited by fiducio; 06-01-2010 at 12:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add photo

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin