Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,775   Online: 872

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Retro 100 Tonal

I apologize if this is old news, but I can't find any information about "Rollei Retro 100 Tonal" film. It was mentioned on pnet, and I came to APUG expecting the definitive information about a new film stock. But I can't find anything.

Anyone have the scoop?

Dave (someone who loved APX 100 and 400.)
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It's a bit early...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    maco stated (at "aphog", which has nothing to do with "apug"), that it is the same film, that they sold as "maco PO 100c" before. Besides the name it seems not to have very much in common with Retro 100. But maybe a nice film though.

There are plans to revive APX 100 and 400, if I interpret it in the right way, it will be called (Agfaphoto) APX 100 & 400 resp. Adox AP 100 / 400.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maco did not say its the same film but one with same characteristics...

As Aurelien indicated it is still to come. June has been stated as time of introduction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well the PO 100C (Efke emulsion) film was a very nice film with specifications like the Acros 100 from Fuji but had some problems in 2002-2004. One was the Q.C. of the emulsion and they had once a big batch configured with nasty 35mm cassettes. They were simply stucked halfway which was a very bad experience.
    However Rollei/Maco has now a state of the art new 35mm configuration plant in Bergheim, Germany.
    If Efke can made a good job on the emulsion side this can be a very nice film. It seems to be it will be available in 35mm, 120 roll film (assembled by Efke or Foma) and 4x5", 9x12cm, 5x7" and 8x10".

So hope for the best at Photokina time in Cologne/Köln.

Best regards,

Robert

(Has already some PO100C as test material available)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Well the PO 100C (Efke emulsion) film was a very nice film with specifications like the Acros 100 from Fuji but had some problems in 2002-2004. One was the Q.C. of the emulsion and they had once a big batch configured with nasty 35mm cassettes. They were simply stucked halfway which was a very bad experience.
    However Rollei/Maco has now a state of the art new 35mm configuration plant in Bergheim, Germany.
    If Efke can made a good job on the emulsion side this can be a very nice film. It seems to be it will be available in 35mm, 120 roll film (assembled by Efke or Foma) and 4x5", 9x12cm, 5x7" and 8x10".

So hope for the best at Photokina time in Cologne/Köln.

Best regards,

Robert

(Has already some PO100C as test material available)
    Some small corrections: The film will be made by Agfa Gevaert in Belgium, 120 roll film configuration can be done by Foma or Efke and after the Photokina 2010 the film availability in sheet film will be 4x5" and 8x10" first. Interesting is the price level of this film in all these configurations comparing with the Fuji Acros 100.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This film will be released around the photokina, in october/november.

If you wan't to buy it, I think that guys, like Robert, or me, will be able to sell it as rollei partners
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Well the PO 100C (Efke emulsion) film was a very nice film with specifications like the Acros 100 from Fuji
    Do these specifications include reciprocity characteristics of Acros?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do these specifications include reciprocity characteristics of Acros?
    No this is not the case.

Some configurations of PO 100C/ Rollei Retro 100 Tonal will be available up from June 2010. In November 2010 all configurations should be available: 35mm, bulk 100ft/30,5m, 120 roll film, 4x5" and 8x10".
    I am just testing the 4x5" and 120 roll film version in 6x7cm in my 667 camera.

Best regards,

Robert

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As we all know Maco is not a film manufacturer but a marketing company that relabels mainly Agfa films (and many of us remember massive surreptitious advertising for their products in many forums including APUG).

It will be interesting to find out what is really inside the film cartridge. So, what orthochromatic or similar films on a polyester base around ISO 100 are currently offered by Agfa, probably industrial or surveillance film? I bet it will be one of those.

It's quite funny that once again someone tries to warp reality in a way to sell a "legitimate successor" of a totally different product.

There will be plenty of discussions this year about original APX vs. Maco's relabeled Agfa films vs. Adox' films made on the used Agfa machines vs. all other films around 100 ASA.

But in the meanwhile the bar was raised by the new Tmax 400 - it looks like a good 100 ASA film, it's easy to get the right exposure, it's easy to process. So, why bother for 100 ASA? If I want an even finer grain and sharpness well beyond an old APX 100 I use a Tmax 100 (panchromatic) and an Acros (somewhat ortho), both of them outclass all APX-style films - old or new, faked or not.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin