Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,529   Posts: 1,572,448   Online: 1099

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Buckle your seatbelts... looks like another bumpy ride for 220

First, if this topic has been discussed already, I am sorry for the duplication. I did attempt a search on this forum, but did not find any reference to this topic.

Second, my contact at Kodak is reliable, so I don't think this is "rumor or speculation doom & gloom".

I have been asking numerous large photographic supply shops (both "brick and mortar" as well as "web" based) about the availability of 220 slide film.

What I have found is this, only a very few, even have 100VS in 220.

I know that 100GX was discontinued, but is 100G and/or 100VS (in 220) likewise discontinued?

NO ONE, and I mean no one, seems to have it!

The Kodak website still list both VS and G as available in 220.

To help answer this question, I e-mailed my contact at Kodak and asked in part... Is 220 discontinued, or are they such "slow" movers, no stores want to carry them?

The response from Kodak was in part as follows:

"I'm sorry to say that, due to the lack of demand for color reversal in 220, we no longer offer any. We continue to offer the E100G and E100VS in 120, as well as 135-36 and sheets through most dealers of Kodak Professional products.

Please let me know if you have future questions on these or other of our Kodak Professional products."

Once again, gee, no wonder 220 backs are going for pennies... Buckle your seatbelts... looks like another bumpy ride for 220

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have tought about getting a 220 back for my RB67. But the way it looks there is much use for it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    20 items in stock for 220 film at B&H--

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...=4294203911+35

--Including reversal films like Fuji Provia 100F, Astia 100F and Kodak E100VS
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy 220 and am glad that BH stocks it. Also glad the backs are goin for pennies. My SQ backs pull double duty since I run both 120 and 220 through them.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use it or lose it.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. Every product discontinuation this year has included the loss of a 220 product. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that both Fuji and Kodak have completely ceased production of all 220 films, and that what is currently available in the stores is the remaining stock.

Saddens me, yes, but that's the way the market goes. I recently picked up a 220 back for my Hassy and RZ67, and both have gotten good usage the last 6 months or so. I'll keep using it til it's no more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use it or lose it: agreed.

Can I ask you guys what you do with your 2 1/4 slides? Project or just scan? Do you print?
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    would be nice if Ilford or other smaller film manufacturer could offer films in 220. Alas, the machinery isnt cheap, and I would assume they dont come up for sale used too often

I'm not much of an MF shooter right now (I only have a holga, and it doesnt get much use), but I'd like to pick up a Mamiya or Hassy soon, and 220 film would be twice as convenient. Looks like MF shooters are just going to have to learn to load film really quick (including me when I finally can afford a mf camera )
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Existing Light View Post
    would be nice if Ilford or other smaller film manufacturer could offer films in 220. Alas, the machinery isnt cheap, and I would assume they dont come up for sale used too often
    I just saw a car commercial for a local auto dealership advertising "Certified Pre-owned" Lexus' as I was typing my previous post. for some reason, I thought it would be quite funny to see an advertisment for Certified Pre-owned film manufacturing machines.

Well, I fear I might be angering 220 shooters with my bouts of stupidity, so I'm gonna be quiet and get out and run errands
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    20 items in stock for 220 film at B&H--

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...=4294203911+35

--Including reversal films like Fuji Provia 100F, Astia 100F and Kodak E100VS

Yes... but when you filter out the choices, there are only 8 "slide films", 2 of them are Kodak -100VS, the remaining 6 are Fuji.
    ... also, was at B&H just a few days ago, and they likewise told me its been discontinued. Seems just because it's listed on the web page, doesn't mean they actually have it in stock.

I have found 100VS in 220 (limited), but I also use 100G (softer), GX is gone almost a year now, now G and VS too...I am (was) a Kodak guy, may now have to switch to Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Use it or lose it.
    ... While I realize what you are saying in general, to perhaps others, I like many 220 users... well we do use it, but we are still losing it.

Just like previous threads re: TXP320, how much can you really buy at once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin