Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,145   Online: 889

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Graded fiber-base neutral-tone paper availability/sources

I'm trying to expand my resources for fiber-base, neutral-tone graded papers.

Freestyle carries a few, but seem to have almost no Oriental in stock at the moment, and very little Kentmere Bromide.

Also, maybe there are other papers out there I'm not aware of. I am printing on stocks of Oriental G (old formula), Kentmere Bromide, and Slavich at the moment.

What are your sources/preferred papers? (please, no warm tone papers and no VC.)

Thanks in advance,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been trying out the Emaks by Fotokemika and like it alot. I have a load of the Fortespeed that Freestyle is still selling, I love the look I can get with it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I still have some old-style Oriental and plan to try Emaks when the Oriental is gone.

Hey, while Doremus and Rick are "here," two questions. Doremus, how do you filter and replenish your selenium toner? Rick, for this poor benighted, non classicist soul who went to public schools and have not ye olde Latin, what does aevum mean?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ilford Galerie is also fibre base, neutral tone and graded.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Question: Is Emaks on a white or a warm tone paper base?

Anscojohn: I addressed the selenium thing in the other thread, look there. And, aevum refers to time, e.g., an age, era, time of life, generation, according to my Latin dictionary. So "the age of silver...?" Does that help?

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    I still have some old-style Oriental and plan to try Emaks when the Oriental is gone.

Hey, while Doremus and Rick are "here," two questions. Doremus, how do you filter and replenish your selenium toner? Rick, for this poor benighted, non classicist soul who went to public schools and have not ye olde Latin, what does aevum mean?
    Roughly it translates "eternity" or forever.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Question: Is Emaks on a white or a warm tone paper base?

www.DoremusScudder.com
    White.

Images
    I would call the Emaks base cream, or antique. And Slavich and Oriental white or bright white.
    Last edited by jmcd; 05-24-2010 at 12:39 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarify description

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Try Emaks K-888. Wonderful neutral tone graded paper. I'm just becoming acquainted, and am very happy at my results so far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    I would call the Emaks base cream, or antique. And Slavich and Oriental white or bright white.
    Maybe. I wouldn't want to say "cream" because of papers like MGWT out there...it is absolutely nowhere near that. But it might not be as bright as MGIV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin