Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,444   Online: 927
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Stephen Frizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    174

    Where to buy Agfa 6x9.5 glass plates

    Im having a mental blank and I cant find the details of my supplier anywhere so I am hoping someone here can help me. Who knows the details for the European supplier of Agfa Glass plates in 6x9.5 size?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

  2. #2
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,435
    Images
    148
    Bit of a time warp there Stephen

    No-one makes these plates any longer, you might get lucky and find some film, film-packs and cut film adapters made plates obsolete years ago.

    Slavich may still supply glass plates, and Ilford can make them but theire plates are for specialist scientific purposes and very expensive.

    Ian

  3. #3
    Stephen Frizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    174
    Ian Agfa Gervart still coat onto glass plates they have a minimum order of 100 plates and as you can imagine cost a kidney. For some reason everyone seems to think no one but Slavich still sell glass plates hmmm...its driving me crazy the guy who sells them in Germany is originally from Australia and the main focus of the company is aerial film products. his initials are B and M but i cant think im having a super mental blank :-(
    The last time I ordered fresh plates from AGFA was late 2008, has it ceased since then?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    205

    AGFA glass plates

    Pls get in touch with photo@mahn.net, I guess they can help you.

    Cheers

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,379
    Images
    84
    This is the guy you told me about a few years ago
    http://www.maginnity.com/impressum.htm
    Website shows them as distributors of Agfa Aerial products
    Let me know price/qty & I might take some if you need to put an order together. Correct size is 6.5x9cm, (I guess you know that & made a typo.)

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,286
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    This is the guy you told me about a few years ago
    http://www.maginnity.com/impressum.htm
    Website shows them as distributors of Agfa Aerial products
    Their "products and services" page doesn't include any plates, but I hope that just means that they're not popular enough to put on the list, rather than that they're truly unavailable. I thought Slavich were the last company on earth coating on glass plates, and if I was wrong, I'm quite glad to learn that!

    Let me know price/qty & I might take some if you need to put an order together. Correct size is 6.5x9cm, (I guess you know that & made a typo.)
    I might be interested in some too, depending on the price. (If there are other USAan folks interested, I go to Europe regularly and can pick up stuff shipped to a friend there and bring it back...)

    -NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

    The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

  7. #7
    Stephen Frizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    174
    Thanks Goldie your worth your weight in erm... gold! LOL and yea I made a typo eekk. This is who I was looking for. Thanks so much!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 05-27-2010 at 01:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Im having a mental blank and I cant find the details of my supplier anywhere so I am hoping someone here can help me. Who knows the details for the European supplier of Agfa Glass plates in 6x9.5 size?
    Dear Steven,

    Agfa-Gevaert is still producing glass plates in 6,5 x 9 cm size. They do one production run every year. Packings of 10 plates are available. Besides the already mentioned german distributor they are also available at macodirekt.
    Wish you good pictures and a lot of fun!

    Best regards,
    Henning

  9. #9
    Stephen Frizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Dear Steven,

    Agfa-Gevaert is still producing glass plates in 6,5 x 9 cm size. They do one production run every year. Packings of 10 plates are available. Besides the already mentioned german distributor they are also available at macodirekt.
    Wish you good pictures and a lot of fun!

    Best regards,
    Henning
    Thanks Henning I didnt know that they were available via macodirekt do they list this somewhere on their website? Hopefully this thread helps others find glass plates. Im sure the only reason people stopped using them was due to the notion they were no longer made.
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 05-27-2010 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    519
    Hi Stephen,

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Thanks Henning I didnt know that they were available via macodirekt do they list this somewhere on their website?.
    No, you have to contact them via Email, it is a product for special order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Hopefully this thread helps others find glass plates. Im sure the only reason people stopped using them was due to the notion they were no longer made.
    Possible. Tell your lab clients about it .

    Best regards,
    Henning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin