Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,008   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fresh Kodak Tmax P3200

I have read a bit about the speculation of the imminent demise of Kodak Tmax P3200 over the last few months. All from people that claim they had the information from “reliable” sources.

Well they were wrong.

P3200 is alive and well and Kodak must have just made a new batch. I just got a shipment in from Freestyle with an expiration date of October 2011. Emulsion No. 5681

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yup. Just like the Kodak guy told me on the phone a couple months ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, I've found it particularly hard to come by unless you're in SF. The east bay area ran dry for a short while. :P

I picked some up with some Neopan 1600 because I didn't want to left hanging again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Japan, TMAX 3200 (and Plus-X) are no longer sold

At least they're still being made
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    In Japan, TMAX 3200 (and Plus-X) are no longer sold

At least they're still being made
    If you need either PX or TMZ I would be willing to be a middle man and ship to Japan from the USA. I would charge nothing for my service. You would just need to pay for the film and shipping. But that said I seem to remember that Freestyle Photographic ships to most countries in the world. Check their web site first.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 06-13-2010 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, we just took in some stock. Unfortunately we are told this is the last batch. But who knows!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    Yes, we just took in some stock. Unfortunately we are told this is the last batch. But who knows!
    Well you heard it form Matt. This is the last run EVER for TMZ! Everyone should buy a freezer and stock up NOW while you can still get fresh P3200! Then Kodak will see their warehouse empty out in no time and as a result coat another master roll.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Matt, I see AG-Photographic stocks Tetenal Eukobrom. I have been trying to find a good cold tone developer and would like to try this one out. Will you by chance ship this to the USA?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I would totally stock up on P3200 if it lasted 20 years past the expiration date as well as the slower film I've been shooting recently. I love P3200 and have been shooting it regularly. Its painful at $7 a pop - and then the cost of DD-X on top of that - but still totally worth it. A disproportionate number of my favorite shots have been on it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love TMZ. I loved it before, but when someone called it the modern day equivalent of Tri-X, I started to look at it in a new light. I love it even more now. It really kind of is. More or less like Tri-X, about the same resolution, a bit grainier, but a stop faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin