Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,270   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I bought an enlarger from JC Weldon, Weldon Color Labs who is scaling down optical lab (not ending it, just sizing it down some). He does a lot of lightjet with <d-word> but he has a full on analog process capacity as well and I can attest to the quality as I saw tons of his work while I was there.

http://www.weldoncolorlab.com/

Oh, and I wouldn't have said that except that Steve below mentioned West LA. Weldon is also .. well he's near Robertson and the Santa Monica Freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Brad,

I have used http://goldencolor.com/ in West Los Angeles. He does good work and has an all optical shop.

Steve
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey Brad,

I know this is only half your problem, but if you find yourself in Sacramento with developed negs (or want to send them), I print up to 16x20 in ra4. I have Endura, Royal and Edge paper and use AGFA chemicals.

Aris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any lab that has an enlarger and a Kreonite can do it. Any lab that does not have an enlarger and a Kreonite is not really a lab.

A&I here in L.A. does them for sure, but there must be a pro lab somewhere in the bay area (which is closer to you than L.A., if I remember correctly).

If you want Ilfochrome prints (i.e. color prints made from transparencies), there is a guy in L.A. (Burbank, to be precise) whose work I like very much. The place is called The Lab. http://www.lab-ciba.com/
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-10-2010 at 12:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lab ciba is the best. I remember selling him lots of FP4 to make contrast masks with.

excellent printer

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    brad,

so just out of curiosity, you're wanting PROOF PRINTS? not just a proofsheet? Seeing that most labs anyhow(minilabs, not pro-labs) don't have optical machines, and IDK if getting parts for those machines is getting sketchy or not...

I was going to say, send me the film and I can make proofsheets of it for you(for a small fee of course). There's a photo center down here in my area that maintains a color wet lab, for now :o. I'll be re-starting my membership there this fall so I can proof my last year's worth of shoots and personal work.

probably not the answer you were looking for, just mentioning it as a possible option.

-Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks to all who've replied. I am going to give A&I a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin