Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 776

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodward Camera View Post
    Hi,

I am the website administrator and a camera salesperson at Woodward Camera.

We are currently carrying 4x5 film, mainly Fuji chrome and B&W.
    Glad to hear that, and welcome to APUG! I'll be sure to pass along the good news.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I am the website administrator and a camera salesperson at Woodward Camera.

We are currently carrying 4x5 film, mainly Fuji chrome and B&W.

With the closing of other photography stores in the Metro Detroit area, we are trying to expand what we carry in stock and the help of photographers is always appreciated. If there is a film you like to shoot which we don't have, whether 4x5, 120/220 or 35mm, please let us know. If you use it regularly we will be glad to stock it for you.

btw - Titan is a great lab. We refer customers to them often for services we don't offer.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Thanks Dennis,
    Welcome to APUG. I think it is very important for people in the photo industry and the photographers' market to have an ear and a voice here on this forum. I'm glad to hear that you are making this effort to keep the film market strong n the Detroit area. On another note, I would like to compliment your customer service. Janet was very pleasant and helpful when I spoke to her on Saturday. I am hopeful that I will have a small supply of colour 4x5 for the coming weekend. I haven't used Titan yet but that could change in the coming days.

Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    btw - Titan is a great lab.
    I agree. I am afraid my comments about Titan in my first post might have seemed lukewarm. The quality of their black and white processing and contact sheets was excellent. I will be going there for any of my outside processing and printing needs if I get into Wayne State next year or the following year. I have even thought about sending them all of my processing from L.A., just to support their operation. I decided against it, as unnecessarily putting film in the mail scares me to death. I was just a bit miffed that my chance to try to submit some potentially news-worthy photos was lost due to the long turnaround time (a few days, when I needed a few hours)...and that it was so different than the turnaround that was quoted to me on the phone (same day). Apparently, they misheard me on the phone and thought I was talking about color film. They can process color roll film at any time, but they save up b/w into dip-n-dunk batches, as they get so little of it to process nowadays. The service was excellent, and it seems like a nice little mom and pop shop. It is a bit of a shame that it is not in the central city, but what are you gonna do? Again, I will fully promote them any time, and would have no qualms about going back.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a quick follow-up on this. I stopped in at Woodward on my way up to the Michigan Mitt... Film was in... fast, friendly service and free advice, too. My compliments to the folks at Woodward. I'll be checking them out again soon.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin