Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,151   Online: 981

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Color at home isn't hard! I just bought a reel from George. I'm using the JOBO 1L kits (blix) since I can't seem to find anywhere that ships Flexicolor in Canada.

That said, I'd kill for some 100-125 speed B&W! Verichrome Pan is the film I used as I kid and I still buy and shoot it when I can get a deal on the 'bay. Just shot some VP828 the other week in fact before respooling some 160NC onto the backing paper and spool.

Too bad old Kodacolor doesn't last as long as Verichrome Pan, I've had some come out pretty much blank lately
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    It's good to see such enthusiasm for Adox's proposed 110 products, especially from some of the 'heavyweights', who I might not have expected to show so much interest. I must admit that I can't get too excited about colour print film, as it's increasingly difficult to get processed commercially to a satisfactory standard at a realistic price and I can't see me ever being keen about getting into processing it myself. However, a supply of perforated B/W film would lend itself to easy experimentation with both equipment and results, both for the Lomography followers and for those like myself who would just see it as a challenge to get the best results they can from the format with some of the ancient cameras currently gathering dust. (I specify perforated film as those of us who cut down film can already use that in the relatively small number of 110 cameras that don't need the perfs).

I hope the products will be readily available via our existing favourite suppliers. Whilst I'm sure no-one will be dumping their Leica M3 and whisking out a Minolta Auto 110 instead, the renewed availability of ammunition for the cameras can't do their sales on eBay any harm, along with perhaps a few more people wanting 110/16mm developing tanks.

Apologies if all/some of this has already been said, but it's getting to be a long thread to check through!

Steve
    +1 (but I will pull out the 110 in addition to my m3)
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best 110 film processing in the USA I have tried out comes from Blue Moon Camera and Machine. I have tried out every mail order service I can find and Blue Moon gave me the best prints. They do Film and Typewriters!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the pleasure of visiting Blue Moon Camera and Machine several years ago when in Portland for a SPE conference. What a great place. They do offer odd format developing and printing, but what impressed me the most was the employee's knowledge of vintage cameras. At least at that point, employees were allowed to take home cameras over the day the store was closed. Because of this, the employees could tell you a great deal about many of the cameras and their experience shooting with it. And their selection of vintage and used cameras was the best I had ever seen in a camera store. Definitely worth checking out if you are in Portland, or visiting their website.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Processing in the UK

Here in Britain the co-op chemists still process 110 colour film for £5 a roll, and they return the cassette if you ask them the price isnt brilliant, but its not exactly extortionate either. not sure if they do black and white though, but i always do that myself anyway

Shooter
    35mm

110 film

You can reload 110 film. See subclub.org for detail on what cameras will work with 16 mm film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any recent news on Adox's attempt to restart 110 film production?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just bought a few hundred dollars worth of ADOX products. As he says if we don't keep buying there will be no dollars to fund future products.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, check this out: Lomography Orca 110 B&W Film: http://usa.shop.lomography.com/lomog...gn=orca_launch

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin