Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,807   Online: 749

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It sure would be great if they sold properly perforated bulk 110 film and reloadable cassettes instead of charging an exorbitant fee for spooling the film for us. I would want some, but $6 to $7 per roll is not a price I would pay. I have my five cassettes that I keep reusing, and I have my eight SS reels (which I got through A.P.U.G.). If someone were to reintroduce 110 film for $3 per roll, I would stockpile it like crazy...but not 6 to 7 bucks. I'd much rather just buy a bulk roll from them.

The film will be properly perforated.
    But without backing paper.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, it would be best to discuss all this on the Adox forum here, so Mirco will be more aware of this discussion.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    My translator threw up this: "Pocket Kasettenfilme films are loaded with 16mm film.", which seems to suggest that the cassettes may be loaded not with true 110 film but with 16mm. If that's the case, it wouldn't work in all/many 110 cameras. The concept of no backing paper is interesting, though, as I occasionally cut down b/w film and load it into cassettes as do many. It set me thinking that perhaps the backing paper is unnecessary if the back of the cartridge is made light-tight and without the thickness of the paper considerably more exposures of film could be wound on. You'd just need either a good memory or a piece of paper to keep count of the number of exposures used. Perhaps something would be needed in the film window to take up the space vacated by the paper and ensure that the film plane wasn't able to vary excessively (well, any more than 110 is said to anyway!)

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was 110 type . I am starting to search for developer equipment for 110 films while it is still cheap

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm ready. Canon 110ED F2 lens with hot shoe, and Rollie A110 F2.8. And I was just going to donate them to Salvation Army.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canon & Rollie 110.jpg  
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    By the way, it would be best to discuss all this on the Adox forum here, so Mirco will be more aware of this discussion.
    I think it best if one of the moderators moves it.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    I would love to have some B&W. Fine grain is nice but I would like to have something faster than CMS 20. Most of my 110 cameras need a film speed of at least 100 to be useful. Even my Pentax 110 needs film that fast to be useful and it is among the best 110 cameras ever made.
    I think they will be releasing Adox Pan 400 (APX 400) in 110 also
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The film will be properly perforated.
    But without backing paper.
    The key word in my post was bulk, not perforated. I am sure the new product will be properly perforated.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format

110 Film

Hello all,

yes the film will be properly perforated otherwise it makes little sense to sell it as a 110 film.
    All of the production procedures are now made manually or semi automated. So the costs aren´t exactly generated in the "spooling" but rather is starts with cutting down 35mm to 32 (wasting 3 mm), perforating it semi manually, slitting it, chopping it, rolling it, rebuilding the casettes, welding it manually, packing it, apllying the stickers........

Yes we will offer different film types.
    In the beginning: color 200 ASA and one b/w.

Backing paper: still an open issue. Things look right now more as if we will be having backing paper again.

Any remaining questions: feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Mirko

PS sorry for the short answer- too many projects, too little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Hello all,

yes the film will be properly perforated otherwise it makes little sense to sell it as a 110 film.
    All of the production procedures are now made manually or semi automated. So the costs aren´t exactly generated in the "spooling" but rather is starts with cutting down 35mm to 32 (wasting 3 mm), perforating it semi manually, slitting it, chopping it, rolling it, rebuilding the casettes, welding it manually, packing it, apllying the stickers........

Yes we will offer different film types.
    In the beginning: color 200 ASA and one b/w.

Backing paper: still an open issue. Things look right now more as if we will be having backing paper again.

Any remaining questions: feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Mirko

PS sorry for the short answer- too many projects, too little time.
    Thanks, Mirko.

Any chance of making a bulk roll version available, and/or selling empty cassettes?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin