Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,965   Online: 1195

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Thanks, Mirko.

Any chance of making a bulk roll version available, and/or selling empty cassettes?

what he said ...
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    what he said ...
    ...reason being that for me, it makes more sense to pay someone a bit of a premium to slit and perforate the film, but not to load it for me.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    ...reason being that for me, it makes more sense to pay someone a bit of a premium to slit and perforate the film, but not to load it for me.

same here
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds like alot of work to produce the cassettes. I wonder if it might be more prudent to job out reuseables and just sell bulk film in X length.

Btw, I would produce the B&W film first. I wouldn't be interested if I had to send color 110 film out of state to be developed and printed. I would rather shoot 35mm and get it done locally then do that.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko, which B&W will be used?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A speed of at least ISO 80 would be necessary for me to consider buying any of this B&W film. Faster would be OK but not any slower as the cameras I own will not index to much lower then ISO 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm with 2F/2F and John: bulk film and empty cassettes would be pretty cool. Backing paper wouldn't need to be there for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you want to load the film in russian reusable cassettes ?

The casettes need to be welded together- I suppose no one can do this at home.

In theory we could certainly sell loose casettes and loose film stripes as well. It is just the question how many units can be sold because if there are too little customers for such a product the costs of setting up an extra item, organizing the packing materials etc can easily outrun the savings.
    The perforating machine does also the cutting of the stripes. So the product would be properly perforated stripes of film, 76cm long in a 16mm moovie film can.

How much would you be willing to spent on this ?
    It can be made available before the final film is ready.
    We also could sell empty casettes already.

110 cameras (in general) read out the film speed from the casette. So we plan to make a 100 ASA b/w and a 200 ASA colour film (because a 200 ASA CN exposed to 100 gives better images on the small format than a 100 ASA film exposed to 100 ASA).

Later on, if demand builds up, we could think about bringing a top notch film like Ektar if Kodak sells us unperforated pancakes.

Did I miss something ?

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Mirko for your response.

If anything you should know the market much better then us since you have seen fit to produce the item. There must be enough cameras languishing out there with people wanting to shoot them and places to get the film developed. Whatever your research was, it must have shown some sort of a market to go up against digital point and shoot cameras. One would not think so tho. It would seem more a boutique market for people on a site such as this. Perhaps with the Holga crowd your might find some additional sales if marketed correctly, perhaps with a plastic lens panoramic camera. That would be novel.

Personally I would prefer bulk B&W low ISO film (50-100) and reusable cassettes. Soup a 50 ISO film in Diafine and your set. In color tho I would buy loaded. For me the question is getting the cassettes.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The cassettes absolutely do not need to be welded together in a factory. We can do it at home, just like we do now when we load our own cartridges. I slice the weld on the factory cartridge open with a new X-Acto blade, then tape mine with 3M photo tape when I reuse them.

The really slick thing would be a high-quality metal (or plastic, I guess) cassette that is designed to be reused. I have actually drawn plans for this, and I am going to talk to some friends who can do such work to see how much it would cost me to get a few dozen of them custom made...but I haven't done it yet, and I would prefer to just buy them from Adox.

As for what I would pay for slit and perforated bulk film: Assuming it is Efke/Adox 100, I would pay the same amount per square inch of emulsion that I pay for Efke film, plus a 50% premium. Going by Freestyle's prices, which are $42 U.S. for 30 m of 35mm bulk film, a 16 mm roll at the same price per emulsion area would be $21. 150 percent of $21 is just over $30, so that is what I would pay. It ends up being a dollar per meter. At that price, I'd purchase 300 m to start (10 bulk rolls, $300).
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-14-2010 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin