Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,550   Online: 913

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    The raw film used will be new APX type film and a quality 200 ASA color material.
    Will ADOX themselves be manufacturing the color material?!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    is there any chance you may offer any 126 film?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Type 126 (CN 200ASA) is still in their 2010 catalogue.
    But not in their webshop. Stocks seem to have gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe if 110 works out Adox will tackle 220.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    From following links in this thread I discovered that Kodachrome used to be made in 110 and mounted in little slides that could be projected in a special carousel. Did anyone ever use 110 Kodachrome?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    From following links in this thread I discovered that Kodachrome used to be made in 110 and mounted in little slides that could be projected in a special carousel. Did anyone ever use 110 Kodachrome?
    The 110 Kodachrome was quite nice. My father shot a fair bit of it, using one of the more expensive Kodak "Pocket" cameras.

The Pocket Carousel projectors are also really good, and really neat. As far as I know, Dad still has his.

Kodak used to have a service where they would duplicate 35mm slides on to 110 Kodachrome (I don't think it was Ektachrome). It was quite popular with travelling salespeople, because the Pocket Projectors and Pocket Carousel slide trays together were a lot smaller and lighter than the full size models.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be nice if the film didn't come with frame lines already on the film. This was Kodak's clever idea to prevent the film from being removed from the 110 cassettes and used in the Minoltas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Did anyone ever use 110 Kodachrome?
    Yes, when I was 11yo, I had a GAF 220 (fixed focus & fixed exposure) camera and I shot Kodachrome in it because it was cheaper than prints. You could get it mounted in 2" mounts for a regular projector. I still have those slides.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    In my photographic "museum" I have a sealed pack of twenty 110 Kodachrome films dated (I think) 1977. I also have a 110 projector (sadly not a Carousel) and some 110 slide mounts. It's always been at the back of my mind to slice down some Ektachrome, shoot, mount and project it, just for the hell of it. So far I've only got to the stage of asking my local lab whether they'd be able/willing to process the strip of film and they were quite happy to do so. One day.......

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Will ADOX themselves be manufacturing the color material?!
    No, hell no :o

As I said we can use any colour material available on 35mm pancakes without perforation. So this is an industrial preproduct which we will be able to locate with either Fuji or Kodak.
    Currently we have stock of Ferrania 200 pancakes to start up the production.

The pancakes will then be slit down to 32mm (we have a machine just for that), perforated and slit into 2x16mm and chopped.

We will not signate frames into the material nor will we signate picture numbers.
    If these stripes can be used in Minoltas we are happy to suplly them (ofcourse).

126 does not seem worth looking into at this point. Many obstacles. Hardly any demand.
    Same for 220.

Mirko

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin