Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,244   Online: 965

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This post says that he got in touch with the owner as recently as 4/6/11. So I guess he still has the 16mm.

Well, Chuck it looks like I solved the film problem too! I finally got in touch with Joe McGloin at Goat Hill Photo by email. I just sent a money order to him for 3 cartridges. So hopefully soon, I'll be ready to start shooting some pictures with this very cool little camera!
    His contact info: email
    Joe McGloin
    3271 S. Clay St.
    Sheridan, CO 80110
    Last edited by terceslil; 05-10-2011 at 03:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    i bought a slitter from goathill a few months ago.
    mr mcgloin is is VERY alive and well ... and a pleasure
    to buy from...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I was thinking of taking a machine shop class specifically to do that. High quality metal reloadable 110 cartridges.

Seriously? Do you plan to sell loaded cartridges?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terceslil View Post
    Seriously? Do you plan to sell loaded cartridges?
    I wasn't planning on it. If anyone did want some, I wasn't planning on pre-loading them. But this is all long away. I haven't even taken a basic machine shop class in about 20 years.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also use the Goat Hill/Al Spoil film slitter. Mine slices a 120 roll into a 127 roll on one side and a 110 roll on the other, so I can make one roll into two--one for my Yashica 44 (127) and another for my Minolta 110 Zoom SLR. Fortunately the Minolta does not require the specific 110 perfs to cock the shutter. I also remove the 110 paper backing, put black tape over the window, and just keep count (the film seems to run smoother in a reloaded cartridge that way and I can get about 18 shots.

Having said that, it would still be great to get some fresh 110 Adox B/W film pre-loaded. I hope they are successful with the project. The only thing that I don't really understand is why 400 film? With such a small format won't that be too grainy? Did I misread that, or perhaps they are looking to create a specific aesthetic with the higher grain film? (I've never actually tried to shoot a 400 ASA B/W film in 110 but 125 ASA film like FP4 can look surprisingly good.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    It would be really awesome if they did 126 and 127 too
    Agreed. My wife has a beautiful baby gray Rollie and I recently found a 4x4 carrier for my 23CII, just in case...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It seems that with all the interest in respooling and rigging up 120 film to work in 620 cameras that Adox could produce some 620. Surely producing the spools can't be that difficult. That being said I can't wait for the 110.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sure they could make 620 spools easily but re-spooling to a 620 roll is so easy that I am not sure they could make any money on this. I would not pay more than 50 cents extra for a 620 roll vs a 120 roll. Any more that that and I will just roll my own.

Also can their 120 film spooler also do 620 rolls? If not I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    I'm sure they could make 620 spools easily but re-spooling to a 620 roll is so easy that I am not sure they could make any money on this. I would not pay more than 50 cents extra for a 620 roll vs a 120 roll. Any more that that and I will just roll my own.

Also can their 120 film spooler also do 620 rolls? If not I don't think there is any chance of that happening.
    I doubt the spooler can do it unmodified. But that my be an easy modification. If they have a few sharp mechanics to make an adapter and control systems guys to modify the drive train speed they can do it very cheap.

Even if they have to go outside for it I think the cost would be reasonable. The question would be what is the potential market. If you totally flood the market for several years with only 10k rolls you can't pay for it. But of you can make a run of 10k once a year and sell it off then it may be marketable.

I remember Mirko making a comment that they could produce as few as 10k units on their new micro line.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post

I agree that re-spooling 620 reels is easy. A thought would be to provide a paper roll and long roll film and let us just roll our own. I've been saving paper so all I would need would be the film in bulk, preferably short canisters that look like a large 35mm canister for easy refrigeration and usage.
    W.A. Crider

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin