Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,641   Online: 849

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I don't understand why the manufacturer itself cannot simply list everything they make (all emulsions and all formats) for sale.
    I seem to recall a few months ago being able to click on any emulsion type (say, Plus-X) and get the list of formats available; now this is not consistently available, so I can easily get an answer to the question, "Does Kodak still make (as far as we can tell) Plus-X?", but not an answer to, "Does Kodak still make Plus-X in 120 format?"

Of course, we don't know that Kodak still actually makes any 120 film or any film at all; we just know that they have some stock to sell. For all we know, we could just be draining their inventory until they tell us they stopped in May and it's all gone, sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post

I don't understand why the manufacturer itself cannot simply list everything they make (all emulsions and all formats) for sale.
    I agree. It would make some sense if they just sold absolutly everything that they offer. I would even buy some microfilm!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I can tell, there is no retailer that lists an entire line from the "Big Three" (Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford); a catalog of every product they have available, for the customer to see and order from. You'd think if anyone did it, it would be the manufacturer. It would pretty much be the whole point of buying from the manufacturer, no? The prices certainly don't look any lower than Freestyle's, so what else would be the point?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are currently made films from Kodak and Fuji that are not listed on any of their sites. (At least I cant find them on their sites anyway).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the film is now in stock on Kodak's website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the film is now in stock on Kodak's website.
    Thanks but what's the URL for the "store?" All I see are the usual film product blurbs. Maybe I'm getting shut out because I'm in Canada *^)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surprise, Surprise - the Canadian prices are about 20% higher.

And no 120 TMY in Canada, or Plus-X in either location.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin