Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,345   Online: 780

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

KODAK THERMAL DIRECT NON-PROCESSING PLATES

What the heck are these?...what are they used for? what do they do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-60-KODAK-THE...item3a592d451e
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds to me like offset printing plates. I do not know anything about image formation on them, but probably a thermal printer of some kind. Is my foot in deep enough?? ;>)
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They seem to be plates for a printing press. Plates used to be coated with an emulsion, exposed, then developed sort of like film. These are most likely printed using Kodak's thermal printing film, so it would go into a printer that stretches a sheet of thermal film over the plate, then a heat source in the printer bonds the film to the plate where ever information is to be printed, then it's ready to be put in the press. Kodak had a printer for home computers that would run a sheet of paper through three times and each pass laid down an image in cyan, magenta, then yellow. It used a colored film for each pass. I assume it's similar technology, but for the commercial printing industry.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephen:

They are for print-houses. Sounds like you write to them with a digital laser, but unlike traditional plates, don't need to be developed:

http://graphics.kodak.com/US/en/prod...te/default.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin